New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not compared to Manchester it isn't, and Leeds.
Of course it is , open your eyes.
In all my life ive never seen this city like this. Full of students ,full of tourists buildings going up everywhere.Roads being repaired and updated all over the city.
Hotels like never before and all but booked up.Regeneration everywhere.
Take a walk round town any day of the week everywhere is busting.
Theres constant investment and upgrading everywhere.
A waterfront to behold. Its a pleasure to come from this city.
Not sure what your seeing here fella.

2016-09-24-18-08-32--377373202.jpg

But I can offer a suggestion if you people don't want to walk that far, just cause a derailment and hey presto you'll have cut the distance in half.

There are several major developments on site at Liverpool waters right now. There are also several projects close to starting including the Isle of Man ferry terminal, the cruise liner terminal, the hotel for the cruise liner terminal. There are two major residential projects completing north of Waterloo dock, a car park for the cruise liner terminal in planning, plus some other great residential projects near Costco. The tobacco warehouse is well under way for renovation. Then add in the Leeds street projects , infinity towers and other Elliott developments and there is absolutely loads going on in the area. Liverpool waters is well ahead of schedule.
Neither of these are part of Liverpool Waters. The project is wholly the land owned by Peel, which is in the mainstay the docks behind the historical dock wall.

The Stanley Dock and Leeds Streets are separate project with different ownership and backers: The same with Infinity Towers and other projects in the area.

While they will undoubtedly contribute to the area, it's not a part of the actual Liverpool Waters. All this information is readily accessible for the public to see.

With regards to the Cruise terminal, that's the Princess Dock - like I mentioned - alongside three larger projects on the other side of the dock (beside the wall).

There's one development called Park Quay that is confirmed in the Central Dock by Roma Capita. Clarence Docks? Nope King Edward Triangle? Nothing.

BMD is the only development in the Northern Docks that has got anywhere up to now: the rest is simply speculative, although BMD will hopefully push this one.

Don't get me wrong, the work they're doing in and around the Princess Dock is brilliant; however, it's a localised part of the greater Liverpool Waters plan.

If you look at the overall sq metres then there is still a long way to go. I know Peel are looking for funding to help push it on, but I suspect it will take a long time.

I did and while it is a positive step in the right direction, I personally don't think it makes much of a difference for justifying a station, at least not in the short-term.

Unless a BMD station offered a sustained increased in ARPU (annual rail passenger usage) that significantly contributed to the network, then it won't happen.

In reality, two medium sized hotels (Titanic and new one) and an infrequently used venue (new ground) aren't going to offer that with Sandhills also so close.

Really, the big driver will be if there's nuerous businesses there alongside a significant increase in the local population from new flats etc. St. James offers that.

Any potential new station built, wont be built because of the new stadium, it will be built for other reasons, but the stadium may benefit from it as well. It will also likely be closer to town than the Sandhills end.

Neither of these are part of Liverpool Waters. The project is wholly the land owned by Peel, which is in the mainstay the docks behind the historical dock wall.

The Stanley Dock and Leeds Streets are separate project with different ownership and backers: The same with Infinity Towers and other projects in the area.

While they will undoubtedly contribute to the area, it's not a part of the actual Liverpool Waters. All this information is readily accessible for the public to see.

With regards to the Cruise terminal, that's the Princess Dock - like I mentioned - alongside three larger projects on the other side of the dock (beside the wall).

There's one development called Park Quay that is confirmed in the Central Dock by Roma Capita. Clarence Docks? Nope King Edward Triangle? Nothing.

BMD is the only development in the Northern Docks that has got anywhere up to now: the rest is simply speculative, although BMD will hopefully push this one.

Don't get me wrong, the work they're doing in and around the Princess Dock is brilliant; however, it's a localised part of the greater Liverpool Waters plan.

If you look at the overall sq metres then there is still a long way to go. I know Peel are looking for funding to help push it on, but I suspect it will take a long time.
I know that Leeds street and Stanley dock are separate, but they are close by and bringing economic development to the general area, making the area as a whole more attractive.
There has also recently been a significant hotel development announced near Sandhills station, an area never touched for a century.
This is prompted by Everton’s Bramley Moore Dock.
When Everton’s stadium gets approved, I suspect that the central Liverpool waters area will move on rapidly. Peel always envisaged this as a long term project, and I think they are ahead of their timescale.
With the general development now going on in the area, obtaining funding becomes an easier sell.
Everton’s plans will accelerate this. No doubt.

Busy...in what context?
How many passengers board & exit there daily/weekly/ monthly compared to other nearby stations?
Around two years ago, Sandhills was the twelfth or thirteenth busiest station on the network based on ARPU figures: this is based on sales for entry/exit.

The 2017/18 figure was 1.3 million passengers, which is still significantly smaller than some of the larger stations like Central and Lime Street (15m each).

You've got the likes of Moorefields, Southport, James St., Kirkby, Birkenhead, Maghull and Hunts Cross ahead of it, to name a few, that are in 2-3m bracket.

However, Sandhills is different that it is an interchange for the three lines so the number of people using the platforms isn't represented in the official figures.

In reality, it will be much busier than a fair few of those stations.

We are miles better looking than Manchester and we even have car parks that don't smell of pee but they lead the way in business. We win the tourism though, hands down.