New Everton Stadium Discussion

True. It's daft, the Baltic market doesn't need one. Brunswick is up the road. Suppose the same point can be said about Sandhills.
Other than that I don't think you get 52,000 people strolling into the Baltic area too often :)
I would like a new station near Bramley-Moore more than most, but to say the business model for BMD currently outweighs the new St. James is blinkered at best.

On match day there would be significant uptake of the station, but what about the seven to fourteen other days where we do not have a match? Who'd use it?

St. James is in densely populated area and close to growing city centre projects (China Town, Baltic Market etc.) that it will service on a daily basis - all day too,

Add to that, it already has existing platforms already in situe, so I expect it would be cheaper to open. Based simply on footfall, let alone revenue, it is a no-brainer.

If BMD is the catalyst for the larger Liverpool Waters project kicks and brings in high levels of residents and business users, then I am sure it will be considered.

Until then, I simply can't see the LCRCA putting money forward for a project that would be seldom used apart from the benefit of us as a club and not much else.

Well, unless we paid for most of it...

Must be a coincidence. Some will say.
39ycu3.jpg

I would like a new station near Bramley-Moore more than most, but to say the business model for BMD currently outweighs the new St. James is blinkered at best.

On match day there would be significant uptake of the station, but what about the seven to fourteen other days where we do not have a match? Who'd use it?

St. James is in densely populated area and close to growing city centre projects (China Town, Baltic Market etc.) that it will service on a daily basis - all day too,

Add to that, it already has existing platforms already in situe, so I expect it would be cheaper to open. Based simply on footfall, let alone revenue, it is a no-brainer.

If BMD is the catalyst for the larger Liverpool Waters project kicks and brings in high levels of residents and business users, then I am sure it will be considered.

Until then, I simply can't see the LCRCA putting money forward for a project that would be seldom used apart from the benefit of us as a club and not much else.

Well, unless we paid for most of it...
Read my post about New Hotel top of this page Phil.

Read my post about New Hotel top of this page Phil.
I did and while it is a positive step in the right direction, I personally don't think it makes much of a difference for justifying a station, at least not in the short-term.

Unless a BMD station offered a sustained increased in ARPU (annual rail passenger usage) that significantly contributed to the network, then it won't happen.

In reality, two medium sized hotels (Titanic and new one) and an infrequently used venue (new ground) aren't going to offer that with Sandhills also so close.

Really, the big driver will be if there's nuerous businesses there alongside a significant increase in the local population from new flats etc. St. James offers that.

I did and while it is a positive step in the right direction, I personally don't think it makes much of a difference for justifying a station, at least not in the short-term.

Unless a BMD station offered a sustained increased in ARPU (annual rail passenger usage) that significantly contributed to the network, then it won't happen.

In reality, two medium sized hotels (Titanic and new one) and an infrequently used venue (new ground) aren't going to offer that with Sandhills also so close.

Really, the big driver will be if there's nuerous businesses there alongside a significant increase in the local population from new flats etc. St. James offers that.
No Phil that looks to me there wont be another station , it will be Sandhills servicing the whole development.
Maybe Sandhills will be up graded as it all develops. But as I see it , there wont be another station built.

When you look at where a new station would have to be built, it would be about 500m up the track from the existing station. It’s not really needed. If another station is ever built in the area it would be much further up the line towards town.
Can’t ever see it happening.

Some absolute clowns in here. Let's just pick a railway station up and move it. Should be a piece of piss that. I mean what difficulties could possibly arise?