2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed

So many people seem unwilling to give Silva up on this topic though and it baffles me

Part of me thinks it's because blaming it all on DCL was the more convenient choice than focusing on the fact that the manager has a tactical blindspot
I've come to accept it really because no manager seems like they'll change it, However the thing that sets DCL and Kean apart from me in this formation is that Kean can make stuff happen out of nothing and I don't think DCL has that in him.

I don't know, I'm not an expert (there's a phrase you don't hear often on GOT). But if we're all preaching having patience with the kid and not expecting immediate fireworks then it seems odd to be saying he system won't allow him to succeed after one premier league start in a brand new team, when he's in a new country, doesn't speak the language and has got into position to shoot 6 times and make an assist as well as carrying the ball forward a fair few times.

Surely part of the reason why we should all preach patience is because he's stuck in this system to begin with, which means he can be excused to a certain extent because the tactics are wrong rather than him not being a good player?

Surely part of the reason why we should all preach patience is because he's stuck in this system to begin with, which means he can be excused to a certain extent because the tactics are wrong rather than him not being a good player?

Ok, so he bags 5 goals before Christmas are you going to be singing the praises of the system? Because I think we need to wait and see on Kean settling in to his new life before we start to worry about whether he can play in Silva's set-up.

I would argue his ability is not in doubt. If after half a season we're still not seeing the best of him, then it's probably legitimate to wonder why. So, in a very un-internet way, wait and see.

Ok, so he bags 5 goals before Christmas are you going to be singing the praises of the system? Because I think we need to wait and see on Kean settling in to his new life before we start to worry about whether he can play in Silva's set-up.

I would argue his ability is not in doubt. If after half a season we're still not seeing the best of him, then it's probably legitimate to wonder why. So, in a very un-internet way, wait and see.

If he starts free scoring in the existing system then it means one of two things

A - The system wasn't too bad all along and ultimately our other strikers were the issue because they couldn't make it work
Or
B - The system is still bad, but Kean is such a good player that he's able to overcome it because he's so talented

The answer would depend on how the goals are scored, what the games they were scored in were like, who else was playing etc

I've come to accept it really because no manager seems like they'll change it, However the thing that sets DCL and Kean apart from me in this formation is that Kean can make stuff happen out of nothing and I don't think DCL has that in him.

Agree also has a few years in hand on DCL.

Speaking of Juventus, it’s a shame you weren’t on the wrong side of that wall at Heysel.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.