2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can see the inbetween mate, I am seeing polls for new manager, how long should we give him. It is toe curling. We played awful & got beat, move on. If the run becomes weeks/months then that should cause concern. A weekend that has seen Man Utd & Spurs lose home should show that perspective is needed, teams find the feet after a few weeks. Only Liverpool & City have looked good so far, just happen to be the best 2 sides in the league. I am no different, I want to see us compete & win pots but this after 3 games is mind blowing...... just my opinion though just like that is theirs

You seem a sensible chap to me but don’t take all the ‘knee jerk’ threads too seriously. Most are posted looking for a reaction.

For me, it’s not just that one game. It’s the fear that it looked sooooooo very familiar. It was everything we’ve seen for years. Already.

It’s not even all Silva’s fault. It looks like it will be roughly October until everyone is up to speed. Again.

As someone who goes home and away as you say, aren’t you a bit bored of it? It’s the same every season for so long now.

The Villa game specifically irked me as it was identical, in almost every way to the Fulham game from last season. And that’s why I already fear that this season looks no different, and certainly no improvement.

Of course, I hope I’m very wrong.

I think Utd last their identity and needed a reboot of getting back to their traditional values, Soljkaer is giving the back that, young players, home grown or plucked from obscurity, mixed in with a bit of star dust.

If I was Utd I’d be happier then I have been since Ferguson left. will he win titles I doubt it, but he will build the bottom floor of the house and reidentfy the club.

Utd need that at the moment in my opinion.

Silva is a good manager of that I’m convinced, I’m pretty sure he’s been handed another raw squad after the window, loosing parts he developed from last year, based on last year he will improve all those players and results will come.

We struggle with teams who play with 10 men behind the ball, that’s what happened Fri, it’s something we have to aim to progress on.

Watch us beat teams who play openly.

Dont see it with soljkaer meself. Lucky to fall into that job. Dont think it will be long before he's gone.

You seem a sensible chap to me but don’t take all the ‘knee jerk’ threads too seriously. Most are posted looking for a reaction.

For me, it’s not just that one game. It’s the fear that it looked sooooooo very familiar. It was everything we’ve seen for years. Already.

It’s not even all Silva’s fault. It looks like it will be roughly October until everyone is up to speed. Again.

As someone who goes home and away as you say, aren’t you a bit bored of it? It’s the same every season for so long now.

The Villa game specifically irked me as it was identical, in almost every way to the Fulham game from last season. And that’s why I already fear that this season looks no different, and certainly no improvement.

Of course, I hope I’m very wrong.
I get how you feel & in no way trying to belittle the opinions of others. I am very bored of it & even more so because i am at an age that has seen us win a pot or 2. The problem is that every new regime seems to get less time because we get more & more pissed off because we have seen this film too many times. The fact they over the park are getting their act together as well is not helping with the cranking up with pressure. I agree with probably late sep/oct with players coming good but other factors have played a part such as long summers playing for some which has meant a staggering of the times players have come back. I would want him out myself if it goes pear shaped but i honestly believe in him & the recruitment so far. We all know that certain positions need new blood but for once we have a plan & i am fully behind it. I long for the day we aren't arguing & are enjoying a good bevy after winning a pot or at least witnessing a great side

We will but the knee jerking after 3 games is awful. So spurs lose “at home to Newcastle side they should be beating “SHOULD” wonder if they will call to sack Poch? - nope
We haven’t won at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool since the 90s and have only one victory against Man Utd since the early 90s.

We haven’t won at Spurs in 11 years and at Man City in 9 years.

It’s actually disgraceful at this point. We’re an embarrassment to top flight professional football.

Spurs losing at home doesn’t give us a free pass. We put in a horrific performance and we’ve started the season poorly. This, coupled with some of the rubbish served up last season, has gitters creeping in and they are fully reasonable.

We haven’t won at Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool since the 90s and have only one victory against Man Utd since the early 90s.

It’s actually disgraceful at this point. We’re an embarrassment to top flight professional football.

Spurs losing at home doesn’t give us a free pass. We put in a horrific performance and we’ve started the season poorly. This, coupled with some of the rubbish served up last season, has gitters creeping in and they are fully reasonable.
Them there facts are horrible.

Also shows how a fancy foreign name and gelled hair can sway some supporters.

If he was called Mark Smith or even Samuel Alladyce and put in some of the performances like Friday night or 3 months of last season certain posters backing him would be demanding him OOT

Status
Not open for further replies.