Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s little point watching Everton away from home. Most teams in the league are better on the road than us. As a club from top to bottom a culture ha been ingrained where players and managers just rock up to away grounds with absolutely zero intention of trying to win. League games are just casually chucked away without a fight and the club seems bemused why fans are switching off.
What culture are you talking about SD? Only Coleman has more than a couple of years with us.

Silva is too loyal to his players and thus the lineup. He believes in molding the players and works on them thus giving chances to proof themselves again and again.

A lot of work goe's on at Finch Farm, that we the fans, will never know about.

But I can tell you one fact, no training time at all takes place, re shooting, taking chances, ann general forward play.
What?Silva is known as an attacking manager that has to be rubbish. That being said the sideways passing and constant crossing needs changing up he also needs to rip up the formation and personnel

What?Silva is known as an attacking manager that has to be rubbish. That being said the sideways passing and constant crossing needs changing up he also needs to rip up the formation and personnel
"...that has no idea how to defend". He's worked on that end and gotten good results. He's got to figure out how to balance the 2 as he seems to set the team up way too cautiously now.

I agree but chances change complexions and if Calvert Lewis would have buried that chance we would have won in my opinion. We gave them something to hang on to and you can’t encourage any team that in this league.

Yep thats it really mate, we let them get their noses in front at home and all that means after a 2 years outside of the PL at home, we cant constantly make allowances for DCL, hes a nuisance and a fine athlete, but goals win games and those chances need to be buried.

Im all for backing young players, giving them time and patience but their comes a point when the return needs to be analysed and that return on a contribution to results.

Last edited:
What the manager says after the game isn't said under oath, remember that. His duty is to get the team winning football games and playing well. You may not agree that Everton dominated the game, and I don't think Silva ages with his own statement.

However, his post match interview is the first move in the next challenge. What he says there has an impact on the players. I wager that if he said 'it was terrible, Gomes and Schneiderlin were awful, DCL us useless' that wouldn't (usually) be a constructive start to picking up the squad, getting them ready and believing they can win.

Mourinho is an example, he used to deflect attention well after a bad by being polemical and making the story about himself. Martinez tried to emulate this but eventually came off as deluded because his choice was to be relentlessly positive.

Villa got their tactics spot on. From the off Digne and Coleman were in their half with Schneiderlin and Gomes dropping into deep wide positions to cover. Centre backs pushed up to half way or further. Villa sat back, absorbed and broke to good effect.

It's so obvious what we will do. Sometimes I think it would be smarter to start slower and draw home teams playing like villa out. Once the goal went in villa were happy. Just do the same. We have to get the first goal playing as we do. Sadly we struggle for goals, so it's a huge risk.

a shot or two at goal might help instead of messing about with the ball around the area or out wide, don't know the figures but we really don't try the keeper out very often at all.

What was most frustrating about that performance was that Villa didn't do anything really to throw us off our stride. They weren't very aggressive, they didn't leave anything on our players... Says a lot about some of these players that they didn't turn up under virtually no pressure from the opposition at all.

Silva isn't really wrong when he says we dominated the game, we were largely very comfortable and created some unbelievable chances but there was such a lack of intensity about our game that is just unfathomable. This performance was closely reminiscent of the absolute worst of the Martinez era.

a shot or two at goal might help instead of messing about with the ball around the area or out wide, don't know the figures but we really don't try the keeper out very often at all.
Indeed.

Got to admit that It was a bit disheartening this morning watching MOTD and seeing other teams scoring goals!

Status
Not open for further replies.