Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL or Tosun who is too static and would have easily been handled by Mings.

An off form / tired Richarlison or Walcott who adds pace?

Not sure what other options Silva could have used seeing as both Kean and Iwobi are lacking match fitness...

Kean isnt fully fit...he looked shattered after comimg on as a sub vs Watford so its unlilely he would last more than 30mins against Villa.

DCL at least gave their defenders something to think about with his movement and knockdowns while Tosun is just a lamppost and really we should be trying to find a buyer for him.

I think the issue stems from the back. Neither Mina nor Keane are particularly fast on the turn so we need to sit deeper than last season...

Then of course Schneiderlin is just heartless and Gomes (as you mention) was just dreadful.

If we had more athleticism in Central Defence + Gbamin as Defensive Midfielder then we could have pushed far higher up the pitch...

By giving Gomes a license to roam forward weve then got Schneiderlin sitting and personally i think thats suicide.

There were 3 chances which we should have scored and thats taking into account that the starting 11 were all atrocious aside from Mina.

Personally id have taken a draw before the game...id take a draw for any away game in the league.

Mate tuson would have finished that chance and as for being static , Ming’s handled DCL easily all game. Walcott adds pace but what use is it to have someone that can do the 100m in 10seconds but kicks the ball into row Z from 8 yards out when he gets there?

You just expect it now. I am not sure when or how it can be changed.

I had a top day out yesterday but was mindful that the game was on at 8pm.

I decided to stay at the seaside and have fun with my family and just saw the score when I got home at 10pm.

The club needs to do something to alter this malaise of mid table nothingness. It has been 2 decades+.

I am battle worn sadly. It just isn't fun seeing different managers/players produce the same outcomes. Rinse and repeat.

There’s little point watching Everton away from home. Most teams in the league are better on the road than us. As a club from top to bottom a culture ha been ingrained where players and managers just rock up to away grounds with absolutely zero intention of trying to win. League games are just casually chucked away without a fight and the club seems bemused why fans are switching off.

Disturbing comment that is. Just goes to show how you can spin stats. We are so poor upfront with no end product. Alarm bells should be loud and deafening instead of this lame comment.

The choice of players to haul off in the double substitution was a very poor call. DCL was stinking the place out and Gomes head was gone, was a red card waiting to happen (not for the first time either when things aren't going our way). Poor.

Take the long view: we have consistently improved in every area of the pitch since he took over; the defensive unit (whole team, not just the back five) is looking better than it ever has since Moyes left; and our offensive output -- chance creation rather than conversion -- is also far better than it was.

There are still areas of improvement, and that is a good thing. The reason I'm not alarmed is because it's clear Silva knows where they are and knows what he wants. I see no reason to think he won't sort out the attack in the same way he sorted out the defence.

I wouldn't be quick to say the defense is fully sorted. It's still a work progress for me and one injury we could well be having a very different conversation in a few weeks.

The attack on paper should be producing a lot more end product. Something is a miss up top. Dcl isn't helping but that weird shot thing from Sigurdsson looked like built up frustration to me.

Take the long view: we have consistently improved in every area of the pitch since he took over; the defensive unit (whole team, not just the back five) is looking better than it ever has since Moyes left; and our offensive output -- chance creation rather than conversion -- is also far better than it was.

There are still areas of improvement, and that is a good thing. The reason I'm not alarmed is because it's clear Silva knows where they are and knows what he wants. I see no reason to think he won't sort out the attack in the same way he sorted out the defence.
I think the team has regressed since he took over attacking wise

You know someone is panicking when he starts providing a long list of half arse lame justification.

This will be a messy season.

A lot of work goe's on at Finch Farm, that we the fans, will never know about.

But I can tell you one fact, no training time at all takes place, re shooting, taking chances, ann general forward play.

He looks like a sixth former pondering about whether to take a bit of ganja....

How is he fit to manage a club the size of Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.