Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's good reasons why the majority of managers seem to make changes at or around the 60 minute mark.

You presumably named your best team and sent them out with a plan. If it's gone wrong you get a chance to speak to them at half time, tweak instructions etc and hopefully they can deliver on the original idea, this allows you to retain the chance to influence the game with changes if it's still going wrong.

You maximise the impact of fresh legs as the game moves into the latter stages, which would be significantly reduced if changes were made at half time.

Some of your subs may only have 30 mins of football in them if they're carrying knocks etc.

I know what you're saying mate, but the game was crying out for a change at half - time. I sure it was Koeman who did it, he realised how he had set - up wasn't working so he changed it just before half - time. I've got a mind like a sieve mate so not sure what game it was and who he brought off (think it may have been McCarthy?) thinking about how bad my memory is, it may have even been Allardyce who was the manager at the time.

I don't think he is wrong. I think before Villa scored, we had 3 chances, and a penalty appeal.If we score 1 of them, it changes the game, we had about 6 more clear chances, hit the post and towards the end of the game we were playing 2-2-6 pushing for the equalizer and got hit on the break and its 2-0.

If we keep creating the chances we will win games, we just need someone with composure in the box to finish the chances off, hopefully Kean is that man

Love the club; but at times the fan base as a whole seems to become characterized by some toxic individuals that do not understand football. Please just stop. You are genuinely an embarrassment to the rest of us.

At no point during the match were we every dominating Villa. Toothless possession 30-40 yards out, followed by the occasional hopeless cross, is not dominating the game.

What a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.