Homepage Article Marco Silva “We dominated the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just that game, Watford hit the post and welbeck missed a sitter aswell.

The loss of gueye has been huge, the better teams will exploit that. How easily did villa get into the final third yesterday

We got near the final third loads of times but were completely clueless once we got there. This has got to stop as it has been going on for years.

The subs give me some hope but the starting 11 especially midfield and forwards depress me.

But Zat it’s been the same from the start of the season, and in times last season. The play is predictable and he needs to address it.

You can park buses in the gaps between defence and midfield, and midfield and attack. Teams are just sitting in those holes, all the play goes out wide and we get swamped. We’ve created next to nothing in 3 games

I wouldn’t have taken a draw because they’re an awful side, we should be putting that to bed 2/3-0 easily.

But our chronic lack of off the ball movement is killing us, we lack serious options going forward because of the setup

Thats why i said during the transfer window when lots of posters were excited about Zaha that defences would just sit back, point and laugh.

Movement wise we have Sigurdsson who is a ghost and i cant remember him making any/many through balls Vs their packed defence...or any other this season.

You then have Richarlison who is a blunt instrument, DCL who is blunt and Bernard who was a bit islolated imo.

Kean and Iwobi provided a great deal of movement but without a true 10 of a box to box player theres limited scope for what Silva can do.

Unfortunately you need a player like Gueye, to give Gomes the freedom to roam, as he covers every blade of grass behind him.

Watching it last night, it looked like Gomes ( as badly as he played ) had been told not to advance too far forward, which I`m guessing is because Silva knows that Schneiderlin isn`t capable of doing Gueyes old roll.

We desperately need Delph to be fit, as with our current midfield we`re gonna get ripped to shreds by anyone with pace in their team.

Villa are no better than a Sean Dyche Burnley team and played in a similar fashion, fouling, going down all the time, hoofing the ball etc, but we looked exposed every time they counter attacked.

In saying that, if Co Co the clown Lewin would`ve scored that sitter, I`m pretty it would`ve been a different game.

I think Schneiderlin is a heartless coward and Villas counters were effective against him and our CBs because theres limited pace there.

Id have taken a draw away at burnley a couple of seasons ago, Villa arent any different imo.

Not hard really to see really is it? He shapes the tactics, picks the team (and continues to pick players out of form),and he has spent a lot of money no matter what anyone says, I don’t care what he’s recouped for selling dross.

Be great if a new manager could come in and get rid of everyone and start again, but this is real life not FIFA or Football Manager.

Sounds like youre playing football manager in your head if you arent balancing the purchases with sales and simply saying Brands/Silva have spent alot of money...

6 players in that team werent signed by Brands/Silva:

Digne £18mil
Mina £27mil
Gomes £22mil
Bernard Free
Richarlison £35mil

Not exactly a fortune is it + anyone in the 'real world' and not a computer game can see that football is about partnerships and sadly having Schneiderlin + Gomes + Sigurdsson + DCL as a central starting spine is asking for trouble.

The most interesting part of your post is slating the manager for picking players 'out of form' when theres no one in the squad fully match fit who would do a guaranteed better job.

Honestly never take any notices of managers interviews after a game.

Exactly.

Thats why i said during the transfer window when lots of posters were excited about Zaha that defences would just sit back, point and laugh.

Movement wise we have Sigurdsson who is a ghost and i cant remember him making any/many through balls Vs their packed defence...or any other this season.

You then have Richarlison who is a blunt instrument, DCL who is blunt and Bernard who was a bit islolated imo.

Kean and Iwobi provided a great deal of movement but without a true 10 of a box to box player theres limited scope for what Silva can do.

I think Schneiderlin is a heartless coward and Villas counters were effective against him and our CBs because theres limited pace there.

Id have taken a draw away at burnley a couple of seasons ago, Villa arent any different imo.

Sounds like youre playing football manager in your head if you arent balancing the purchases with sales and simply saying Brands/Silva have spent alot of money...

6 players in that team werent signed by Brands/Silva:

Digne £18mil
Mina £27mil
Gomes £22mil
Bernard Free
Richarlison £35mil

Not exactly a fortune is it + anyone in the 'real world' and not a computer game can see that football is about partnerships and sadly having Schneiderlin + Gomes + Sigurdsson + DCL as a central starting spine is asking for trouble.

The most interesting part of your post is slating the manager for picking players 'out of form' when theres no one in the squad fully match fit who would do a guaranteed better job.

Exactly.

I’d say it was a quite a lot of money wouldn’t you? He’s also had the benefit of getting rid of dross to free up extra funds, if you want to look at it in your football manager way. Bernard wouldn’t have come here for buttons so the wages as well agents fees are included.

So who’s fault is it that he’s picking the same tactics and formation? Is it the fans? I bet 14 of the other Premier League managers would love to have the problem Silva has putting a side out. Do you think his tactics utilise the players we have?

Exactly.

I’d say it was a quite a lot of money wouldn’t you? He’s also had the benefit of getting rid of dross to free up extra funds, if you want to look at it in your football manager way. Bernard wouldn’t have come here for buttons so the wages as well agents fees are included.

So who’s fault is it that he’s picking the same tactics and formation? Is it the fans? I bet 14 of the other Premier League managers would love to have the problem Silva has putting a side out. Do you think his tactics utilise the players we have?

Exactly.

Villa spent more than we have on their new signings.

Kind of ruins your argument.

Was like something from Koeman or Allardyce, or Martinez second season. I don’t know what’s wrong with this club sometimes. No matter who the owner is, who the manager is, what standard of player we have we are always capable of producing that cookie cutter away performance of just utter ineptitude with no fight whatsoever.

Villa spent more than we have on their new signings.

Kind of ruins your argument.

Does it? Did I mention what anyone had spent? So you are saying Villa’s manager would rather have our squad or theirs.

Just proves how great a manager Silva is then getting the most out of his players.

Exactly.
Does it? Did I mention what anyone had spent? So you are saying Villa’s manager would rather have our squad or theirs.

Just proves how great a manager Silva is then getting the most out of his players.

Yes + yes.

Was like something from Koeman or Allardyce, or Martinez second season. I don’t know what’s wrong with this club sometimes. No matter who the owner is, who the manager is, what standard of player we have we are always capable of producing that cookie cutter away performance of just utter ineptitude with no fight whatsoever.

You just expect it now. I am not sure when or how it can be changed.

I had a top day out yesterday but was mindful that the game was on at 8pm.

I decided to stay at the seaside and have fun with my family and just saw the score when I got home at 10pm.

The club needs to do something to alter this malaise of mid table nothingness. It has been 2 decades+.

I am battle worn sadly. It just isn't fun seeing different managers/players produce the same outcomes. Rinse and repeat.

Yes + yes.

No and no.

I still can’t see where I mentioned what other teams or we spent. I mentioned us getting rid of players to free more money, but if you don’t read it like that, that’s fine. I also said other teams would like the problems Silva has with putting out a side, not all the money he has spent.

Don’t think anything worked in the first half. He was too stubborn to make changes at half time. Today performance was disgraceful much like the 2-0 defeat against Fulham last season.

Was almost exactly the same as Fulham as you said , right down the the DCL missed sitter that would have brought us level

Status
Not open for further replies.