2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever Silva does now he’s showed a massive gap. He is now a reactive manager and not a proactive one. Waiting to lose before he does what everyone knew he should have done before the game.

If he doesn’t change it then it shows him to be stubborn and delusional. Either way he has dropped down in my estimation.

There's a difference between being safe from relegation in February/March and having your season dead in December/January.

The pressure on Silva if we're 15th or whatever in after December will be huge. He really, really needs seven points from the next nine at this point.
That would be great but saying 7 points from 9 and we are going down and he's sacked at Christmas isn't on. The backline is solid. Players are in place to change the attack. He just needs to step up, stop playing this "I don't know if they're ready" bull, and get on with fixing the attack.

No I'm saying the balance of probabilities is that teams better than us will be more likely to take points than not.

We don't look like scoring, at all, every game.
we should have had two goals and a goal cleared off the line at Palace, I mean it's not ideal we've only scored one but it's not like we aren't creating chances because DCL and Walcott are utter tosh

It’s not the formation, well not it’s not all the problem. The problem is our lack of movement and complete obvious play; it goes like this:
Mina
To gomes
To Schneiderlin
Back to mina
To Keane
Up to Schneiderlin
To Gomes
Punt to the wing

By the time we’ve decided to move it forward they’ll have 10 men behind the ball

This is true.

Our play is so predictable.

I , like a lot of others really want it to happen for Calvert Lewin .
But something has got to give here , thats 10 games without even looking like scoring and I'm afraid its never gonna happen with him.
This will ultimately cost Silva his job.

That would be great but saying 7 points from 9 and we are going down and he's sacked at Christmas isn't on. The backline is solid. Players are in place to change the attack. He just needs to step up, stop playing this "I don't know if they're ready" bull, and get on with fixing the attack.

I didn't say that. I think it's impossible that we'll be relegated.

No, the point I'm making is that the season will be dead. It's all fine and well being great when a season is already dead, but the proof is in the pudding when you have something to play for.

That season was a complete fluke. That United squad has been between 64 and 70 points every year since Ferguson left except that one. It isn't surprising that it suddenly fell apart if you look a bit deeper than the results that year. Mourinho is more or less done as a top level manager unless he decides to change things massively. He's from the same era as Wenger who also is completely done and not just because of his age.

So a repeat serial winner, winning the EL and finishing 2nd in the league and getting to a cup final was a "fluke".

OK mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.