2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
This formation looks to have been figured out.

I'll need to see it with Kean up front, as DCL is absolutely abysmal, but it's looking like it's time to change it. Shut Sigurdsson down and you can rely on Bernard and Richarlison to fail to create anything of note.

are you just assuming that we're gonna lose in the November/December period because of our opening 3 games? That's weird.

No I'm saying the balance of probabilities is that teams better than us will be more likely to take points than not.

We don't look like scoring, at all, every game.

I still don’t understand Silva’s tactics or how he wants us to play.

Passing to slow at best, kept going sideways & backwards and no fight in the middle. Probably the easiest 90mins Aston Villa (and not a good villa team) will play all season. I lost account the number of times they picked up possession in our half.

Richarlison offered nothing, Sig just isn’t getting on the ball in the areas he’s effective, delivery was shocking... but is DCL really the best we got as a no.9 while we bed Kean in??? I would rather play Tosun

In the moment you didn't make a decision once again Marco. In the moment you didn't make a choice to change the game. In the moment, in the moment, in the moment.

Divvy.

Just watched VILLA HUMILIATE US I do not think he watched the same game. Gomez had a stinker and it was clear from early in the game, take him off ,all good players have bad days and it is the managers job to recognise this. Sigardsun needs a rocket up his backside, does not look intersted. . Calvert lewin is NOT the answer how many premier league teams would pick him has their striker. NONE. We have gone with all three players right through the centre of the team and the manager could not see that they were the three worst players on the pitch. Given him the benefit of doubt,even the the maneger can have a bad game with his decisions but the buck stops at his door.

Too early to tell we might click and smash a team 5-0 and everything will be rosy. We did hit a post and twice players missed an open goal today. With 65% possession it just seems like the players lack the confidence to really go for that final pass or shoot.

Is it his fault that the chances fell to DCL and Walcott, yes indeed. Needs to change the team around.

Pretty big 'might' that mate. I see no signs of a goal.

We're relying on Kean - a 19 year old - to be world class at this point, new to the league and country.

You mean Mourinho who finished 2nd in his last full season with a very average Man U side, won the EL too?

Sound.

I agree he couldn't do a right lot with our side, but he would have us winning more games.

not saying i want him in mind!
That season was a complete fluke. That United squad has been between 64 and 70 points every year since Ferguson left except that one. It isn't surprising that it suddenly fell apart if you look a bit deeper than the results that year. Mourinho is more or less done as a top level manager unless he decides to change things massively. He's from the same era as Wenger who also is completely done and not just because of his age.

This formation looks to have been figured out.

I'll need to see it with Kean up front, as DCL is absolutely abysmal, but it's looking like it's time to change it. Shut Sigurdsson down and you can rely on Bernard and Richarlison to fail to create anything of note.

It’s not the formation, well not it’s not all the problem. The problem is our lack of movement and complete obvious play; it goes like this:
Mina
To gomes
To Schneiderlin
Back to mina
To Keane
Up to Schneiderlin
To Gomes
Punt to the wing

By the time we’ve decided to move it forward they’ll have 10 men behind the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.