2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the fixture list and tell me how he's not under pressure come January, with a new transfer window, if he can't pick up points at Villa and we've been lacklustre for all three games this season.

Wolves, Bournemouth and Sheff Utd up next - he needs seven points from that run to ease the pressure; I can't see where the goals are coming from to beat them.

It’s not January though?

Goes for the easy selection a lot

The front 4 minus Bernard have been disgusting every minute this season and he's still starting them

Big changes next game

Tbf people were saying this around February last year because of who we played at home down the stretch of the season and we made that look easy. He does need to figure out the away form because it is pretty ugly.

He has the options to change it in the attack but does he have the balls? I get you don't want to throw Kean or Iwobi straight in but at some point risks become necessary.

There's a difference between being safe from relegation in February/March and having your season dead in December/January.

The pressure on Silva if we're 15th or whatever in after December will be huge. He really, really needs seven points from the next nine at this point.

Check the November/December fixture schedule compared to August-October and you'll see what I mean.

Silva needs a 'buffer' now or he's in huge trouble come December-January.
Were you saying this when we had the RS, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd in successive home games around April time? And took 10 points from it? Get a grip man.

You watch come Wolves it'll be Kean and Iwobi in the starting 11 and its because hes a weak manager -

Only makes changes when we go behind

Only changes personnel when we lose games

Successful managers are always looking to progress and improve their weakest area/tweak a plan B if things dont go to plan.

How some still think he has it baffles me.

His job was saved by the Goodison Siren/home atmosphere last season it really is that simple.

I agree he ain't going anywhere real soon.

Thing is though, at least Martinez got off to a good start in his first season. This is just tepid, bland nothingness, similar to what Koeman did in his first season but at least he got us Europe. Nothing to get excited about with Silva, not particularly good viewing even.

I see Leicester and Wolves both finishing above us, as well as the usual top 6 sides.

All the money we have spent on bringing more quality in and we are still going backwards on the pitch.

Throw in his ridiculous faith in DCL and i'm really struggling to like him even.
Moshiri and Brands just want a manager to stay in the top 8 and maybe get a cup run.

He'll do that.

*shrugs*

He deserves his wages docked for that team selection. Soon as i saw it i groaned. Same old stale selection that i knew would get nothing tonight. You can almost script these perfomances.
The new signings should have started tonight. Even if they didnt last the 90 minutes it was worth it as opposed to what we all knew exactly was going to happen. Possession with zero shots on target.
Biting my tongue because im finding him very dull as a manager.

Were you saying this when we had the RS, Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd in successive home games around April time? And took 10 points from it? Get a grip man.

When the pressure was off. That's Everton.

Different kettle of fish in December when the season is still technically alive. You've just seen us not turn up away to Villa - that's when it matters, and that's when Everton under Silva and, to be fair, other managers have completely gone to pieces.

Mourinho hasn't adjusted his tactics to the modern game. Teams press now and he doesn't meaning without exceptional midfielders he can't win games. Mourinho would flop badly with our current squad.

You mean Mourinho who finished 2nd in his last full season with a very average Man U side, won the EL too?

Sound.

I agree he couldn't do a right lot with our side, but he would have us winning more games.

not saying i want him in mind!

Look at the fixture list and tell me how he's not under pressure come January, with a new transfer window, if he can't pick up points at Villa and we've been lacklustre for all three games this season.

Wolves, Bournemouth and Sheff Utd up next - he needs seven points from that run to ease the pressure; I can't see where the goals are coming from to beat them.
are you just assuming that we're gonna lose in the November/December period because of our opening 3 games? That's weird.

Too early to tell we might click and smash a team 5-0 and everything will be rosy. We did hit a post and twice players missed an open goal today. With 65% possession it just seems like the players lack the confidence to really go for that final pass or shoot.

Is it his fault that the chances fell to DCL and Walcott, yes indeed. Needs to change the team around.

Status
Not open for further replies.