2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most worrying thing for me is that after a full first season, 2 pre seasons, 3 transfer windows and 3 games against dross in this new season, we can still put out a performance as poor as that tonight. It is not a good sign and people can defend Silva as much as they like but it is his job to make us not play like that.
Valid point. Hes going to come under pressure unless we start performing. If you look at the chances we had, a draw atleast was a fair result. Mina mistake for their first, dcl just being dcl, walcott being utterly useless and iwobi post. We had the better chances. I'm raging with that performance but trying to take some positives if possible. Silva started with the wrong team, maybe keans not fit but hes clearly got more to offer than dcl. The players had the chances to win the game, quite comfortably in my opinion. Same as last week, richarlison missing two sitters.

I really hate this place when we lose and we get absolute stupid posts like this, How is our manager facing the sack after 3 games because we have fixtures against the "Big 6" in Nov/Dec when form could easily turn, This place rots my brain when we don't win.
He's not.

He's staying.

We'll start winning and playing well enough.

We wont win anything.

Rinse and repeat for the next 2/3 seasons.

There is definitely this.

Ages away until he’s under any sort of pressure.

Look at the fixture list and tell me how he's not under pressure come January, with a new transfer window, if he can't pick up points at Villa and we've been lacklustre for all three games this season.

Wolves, Bournemouth and Sheff Utd up next - he needs seven points from that run to ease the pressure; I can't see where the goals are coming from to beat them.

Not going anywhere...just sayin'.

I agree he ain't going anywhere real soon.

Thing is though, at least Martinez got off to a good start in his first season. This is just tepid, bland nothingness, similar to what Koeman did in his first season but at least he got us Europe. Nothing to get excited about with Silva, not particularly good viewing even.

I see Leicester and Wolves both finishing above us, as well as the usual top 6 sides.

All the money we have spent on bringing more quality in and we are still going backwards on the pitch.

Throw in his ridiculous faith in DCL and i'm really struggling to like him even.

The fact he brought off Bernard and kept on Richarlison was genuinely disgusting. If he's going to have blatent favourtism to the extend that it costs us the game I would honestly rather he just left now. How could todays managerial performance have been anymore infuriating?

He's facing the sack. This is the kindest opening fixture list imaginable - he needs to turn it around instantly or he's in big, big trouble come November.

If you think that's over the top, check the fixture list - if we're not around 6th come November then the season is dead, and we look like we can't buy a goal right now.
Tbf people were saying this around February last year because of who we played at home down the stretch of the season and we made that look easy. He does need to figure out the away form because it is pretty ugly.

He has the options to change it in the attack but does he have the balls? I get you don't want to throw Kean or Iwobi straight in but at some point risks become necessary.

You loved Silva mate another fecking loser like Bobby [Poor language removed] arse....
You need to take this topic to the Martinez thread...that's the appropriate thread to discuss our trophy winning, FIFA top 10 rated ex-manager.

I really hate this place when we lose and we get absolute stupid posts like this, How is our manager facing the sack after 3 games because we have fixtures against the "Big 6" in Nov/Dec when form could easily turn, This place rots my brain when we don't win.

Just look at the fixture list. We had to take something from tonight. We have winnable games coming up but we've scored one goal in three games against kind opposition. If we can't beat this leagues 'cannon fodder' then we're in trouble.

This isn't kneejerk -when the fixture list was announced I said these games are massively important.

It was so easy for Villa tonight. No threat, never looked like scoring, even a sitter for DCL you knew he was missing before he hit it. It's worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.