Sportspesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have gambling restriction age mate which im fine with.

My point was the gambling machine stake restriction came around on the idea that people should only be aloud to stake a certain amount because some people were addicted spending harmful amounts-

My question is imagine if pubs/bars/clubs started putting maximum sales per night because some people drink too much and cause bother people would be in uproar.

Personally I think ganbling firms do enough to promote responsible gambling and have no problem with a betting firm sponsering us.
When educated people you know have rinced through 50k on credit cards during a short bout of depression, it makes you a little more sympathetic to the fact it should be monitored.
Starting with having to give you profit and loss and restricting advertising. Phrases like “it matters more when there’s money on it” all drip the normalisation. Fact is people lose lots of money betting, and that pays for the advertising.

Im a recovering gambling addict.
I dont like sport pesa as our sponsor for that reason as gambling wrecked my life for a long time.
But the main reason I do not like them as our sponsor is because it is terribly small time and does not give us the finances and revenue of the bigger clubs .
Look at the top 6 and what the get from sponsorship compared to us.

I object to the SportPesa sponsorship on vitually all grounds, not least the damage this "industry" inflicts on countless thousands of people and their families. It is a ravaging addiction.

Separate to that, I just find it frustrating that the sponsor search couldn't have extended beyond the seemingly easy gambling pool. It just puts us on a par with the other also-rans in the Premier League. The lazy way out. Why not work hard and extend the folk in the commercial department to go out and find us something a bit more reputable? It doesn't have to be a household brand, but association is important. I don't like, and refrain from, buying training kit with a cheapskate sponsors logo on it, I'm sure there are others like me.

. Manchester United - £64 million (Chevrolet) 2. Manchester City - £45 million (Etihad) 3. Arsenal - £40 million (Fly Emirates) 4. Chelsea - £40 million (Yokohama) 5. Liverpool - £40 million (Standard Chartered) 6. Tottenham - £35 million (AIA) 7. West Ham - £10 million (Betway) 8. Everton - £9.6 million (SportPesa) 9. Wolves - £8 million (ManBetX) 10. Southampton - £7.5 million (LD Sports) 11. Burnley - £7.5 million (LoveBet) 12. Crystal Palace - £6.5 million (ManBetX) 13. Newcastle - £6.5 million (Fun88) 14. Watford - £6.5 million (Sportsbet.io) 15. Aston Villa - £6 million (W88) 16. Bournemouth - £5 million (M88) 17. Leicester - £4 million (King Power) 18. Sheffield United - £3.5 million (USG) 19. Norwich - £3 million (Dafabet) 20. Brighton - £1.5 million (American

When educated people you know have rinced through 50k on credit cards during a short bout of depression, it makes you a little more sympathetic to the fact it should be monitored.
Starting with having to give you profit and loss and restricting advertising. Phrases like “it matters more when there’s money on it” all drip the normalisation. Fact is people lose lots of money betting, and that pays for the advertising.

But what more can they do? You play those machines and you get messages come up telling you how much you've spent/how long you have been playing - do you need a break etc. You have staff do interactions if you show signs of frustration/paying frequently on a card. They can also ban you if you agree to self exclude from the premises.

You dont see pub landlords coming over to your seat asking the same every time you buy a pint or shop staff stopping you buying 5 crates of ale or 10 packs of cigs.

In a society of freedom one aspect will always be people do too much of something, be it drinking, gambling, eating, smoking, shagging but I don't want to live in a world where our freedoms are taken away because of it because sooner or later you end up with bans and heavy restrictions like China/Korea etc. And its live to work not work to live.

There is support out there for all forms of addictions but it needs to start with the addict wanting to change.

But what more can they do? You play those machines and you get messages come up telling you how much you've spent/how long you have been playing - do you need a break etc. You have staff do interactions if you show signs of frustration/paying frequently on a card. They can also ban you if you agree to self exclude from the premises.

You dont see pub landlords coming over to your seat asking the same every time you buy a pint or shop staff stopping you buying 5 crates of ale or 10 packs of cigs.

In a society of freedom one aspect will always be people do too much of something, be it drinking, gambling, eating, smoking, shagging but I don't want to live in a world where our freedoms are taken away because of it because sooner or later you end up with bans and heavy restrictions like China/Korea etc. And its live to work not work to live.

There is support out there for all forms of addictions but it needs to start with the addict wanting to change.
Dont agree here. Bookies will be very fast to restrict a punter and stop him betting.
But some one who is losing large amounts wont be stopped and when the stakes are large they will be rewarded with perks to encourage them to stay betting with that firm .
Bookies do not care about the customer at all .
Does sponsoring a football team affect that. Maybe not . But you are advertising an industry that preys on the vulnerable

Dont agree here. Bookies will be very fast to restrict a punter and stop him betting.
But some one who is losing large amounts wont be stopped and when the stakes are large they will be rewarded with perks to encourage them to stay betting with that firm .
Bookies do not care about the customer at all .
Does sponsoring a football team affect that. Maybe not . But you are advertising an industry that preys on the vulnerable

to be fair, a bookies is like any other business out there, wants to make a profit

is it helped by gambling addicts who can't control themselves? of course it is, but do maccies staff refuse to serve fat people? no, do corner shops refuse to serve people who stink of smoke ciggies? no, do pubs refuse to sell frequent drinkers ale? no

it boils down to people having stronger will than others, some people can gamble and not get addicted, some people can drink and not become an alchy, some people can't. it's just one of those things, I agree it's not ideal betting people plastered all over the kits but I don't think it's makes a tiny bit of difference to people who gamble

to be fair, a bookies is like any other business out there, wants to make a profit

is it helped by gambling addicts who can't control themselves? of course it is, but do maccies staff refuse to serve fat people? no, do corner shops refuse to serve people who stink of smoke ciggies? no, do pubs refuse to sell frequent drinkers ale? no

it boils down to people having stronger will than others, some people can gamble and not get addicted, some people can drink and not become an alchy, some people can't. it's just one of those things, I agree it's not ideal betting people plastered all over the kits but I don't think it's makes a tiny bit of difference to people who gamble
My point was bookies prey on those they know have problems and who are addicts.
They dont want winning customers.
Business wise fair enough but the ethics of it are not right.
And young people are influenced by advertising. It is every where regards gambling and it helps get people to start gambling. Some of these become addicted.
We can do better with our sponsors.
We do an amount of work through Everton in the community projects. Been sponsored by a gambling firm goes against that for me .
Why do companies advertise at all if it does not help them attract customers?

My point was bookies prey on those they know have problems and who are addicts.
They dont want winning customers.
Business wise fair enough but the ethics of it are not right.
And young people are influenced by advertising. It is every where regards gambling and it helps get people to start gambling. Some of these become addicted.
We can do better with our sponsors.
We do an amount of work through Everton in the community projects. Been sponsored by a gambling firm goes against that for me .
Why do companies advertise at all if it does not help them attract customers?

but again mate

bookies prey on people who are willing to spend money, the same with any other company

without fat people maccies would lose a lot of business the same way without bad gamblers bookies would, are maccies morally wrong then for avdertising their food all over the tele? on buses? preying on fat people to spend money

end of the day mate, it's a free world no one forces you to go in the bookies and put your wages on a bet, some people are just stronger than others, if it's a case of the bookies are wrong then you could make a case for MOST other shops on the highstreet are wrong in some way

but again mate

bookies prey on people who are willing to spend money, the same with any other company

without fat people maccies would lose a lot of business the same way without bad gamblers bookies would, are maccies morally wrong then for avdertising their food all over the tele? on buses? preying on fat people to spend money

end of the day mate, it's a free world no one forces you to go in the bookies and put your wages on a bet, some people are just stronger than others, if it's a case of the bookies are wrong then you could make a case for MOST other shops on the highstreet are wrong in some way
Do companies selling cars prey on the weak and vulnerable.
Do airlines .
I totally disagree with your views on this .
I know what its like.
But you are entitled to your opinion

Do companies selling cars prey on the weak and vulnerable.
Do airlines .
I totally disagree with your views on this .
I know what its like.
But you are entitled to your opinion

companies selling cars and airlines have the same goal as the bookies, making money.

and btw airlines are one of the naughtiest people around for fleecing customers, you see the prices for flights when the demand is high? is that not preying on people??

how they go about it is out of our control, but no one forces you to buy a car the same way no one forces you to gamble

I understand where you are coming from and I have seen friends spend an absolute fortune on roulette and it's a bit shady, my whole point is though I just don't see how advertising on a kit makes people any more of a gambler than it would if it wasn't on a kit?

companies selling cars and airlines have the same goal as the bookies, making money.

and btw airlines are one of the naughtiest people around for fleecing customers, you see the prices for flights when the demand is high? is that not preying on people??

how they go about it is out of our control, but no one forces you to buy a car the same way no one forces you to gamble

I understand where you are coming from and I have seen friends spend an absolute fortune on roulette and it's a bit shady, my whole point is though I just don't see how advertising on a kit makes people any more of a gambler than it would if it wasn't on a kit?
It’s normalising behaviour which is built on you losing money with nothing in return. The whole gig allows the bookie to win over and over again. My kids love football and gambling adverts on every match. It looks enticing to an 8 year old now - how easy does guessing the scores sound to win money. Only a mug thinks they beat the system. But the advertising makes it’s easy to be a mug and the drip feed starts early.

Status
Not open for further replies.