Sportspesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FOBT restriction is a max stake i.e. £2 maxmium spin - thats like saying "right lads your aloud 3 pints then your not being served anymore"

Its nothing to do with being drunk- its a figure plucked out of nowhere in an attempt to solve a problem that doesnt really do anything to solve it - just drives problem gamblers elswhere whilst limiting the remaining 95% of people who might want to spin a £20 stake with their mates then head off to the pub like most people do.
Again, Eh? Your response doesn’t make sense. My response to you was that you posted facts that were wrong about drinking , you were the one who tried to support the argument by using drink as an example. If you can’t accept you were wrong and that there is legislation in place, then it’s a pointless discussion.

If you want to go down the morals route you could ask why we’re paying footballers £100k+ a week when we only pay a lot of staff ‘the living wage’.

If you want to go down the morals route you could ask why we’re paying footballers £100k+ a week when we only pay a lot of staff ‘the living wage’.

Because the skillset of a professional footballer is scarcer and generates more revenue for the business than those roles on the lower end of the payscale. Businesses pay the minimum they can to attract employees capable and motivated to deliver against the requirements of each role. When there are billion pound TV deals to watch the canteen staff work, the situation may change.

Alcohol, smoking and gambling can be addictive

Alcohol and gamblin ruin lives.

But smoking is the only one under incredible tax and banned advertisements?

Anyone is vulnerable to addiction, luckily I haven't been, but i've seen people who are and it's horrifying.

Gambling shouldn't be advertised with fun commercials and on footy shirts imo - it's just constantly promoting it.

Anyone is vulnerable to addiction, luckily I haven't been, but i've seen people who are and it's horrifying.

Gambling shouldn't be advertised with fun commercials and on footy shirts imo - it's just constantly promoting it.

gambling ruins lives but smoking doesn't?

smoking is the worst out of the three!

The UK taxes alcohol more stringently than any country in Europe. If you allowed postal districts to keep the amount of tax paid to the exchequer every year, the isle of Islay would be, outside of the city of London, the richest place in Britain thanks to it's seven distilleries and the duty they pay. Roughly 40% of the price of every pint you buy is tax.

The UK taxes alcohol more stringently than any country in Europe. If you allowed postal districts to keep the amount of tax paid to the exchequer every year, the isle of Islay would be, outside of the city of London, the richest place in Britain thanks to it's seven distilleries and the duty they pay. Roughly 40% of the price of every pint you buy is tax.

Great - what's your point?

We should ban all advertising of foods and drink as the majority contain sugar. Sugar is highly addictive and is a cause of obesity. Obesity ruins lives.

You honestly think smoking is worse than people getting into thousands of debt, depressed and still can't kick the habbit?

And you think smoking is worse than drugs!?

you didn't mention drugs?

you said alcohol smoking and gambling

and smoking is far worse than gambling, smoking affects a lot more people than gambling does, smoking can affect other people not just the person smoking ( second hand smoking etc etc )

so many people gamble ( I myself have a footy bet on the weekend etc ) but people who go to the extreme are a slim % of gamblers

You honestly think smoking is worse than people getting into thousands of debt, depressed and still can't kick the habbit?

And you think smoking is worse than drugs!?

also people who gamble are addicted as you say, makes absolutely ZERO difference whether we are sponsored by betting firms or not, galmbers will gambler, they are every other advert, they have bookies every 5 or 6 shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.