Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best finisher we have (don't know enough about Kean to include him in that). Just not suited to this league. Noticed he had a bit of a face on him in the training pics from the past week, like he knows he's now even further down the pecking order.
People seem to have written Tosun off but he has scored a few goals and clearly has the right attitude - hopefully this season will be a good one for him...

He's rubbish.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think we dodged a bullet getting this lad instead of Zaha.

We were not Zaha's first choice club so who's to say he wouldn't have done the same thing to us in twelve months time? But if he did stay he will be 27 in November so a player who's game is based on pace will devalue considerably at the end of a long contract.

Iwobi is younger, better at tracking back and will appreciate in value. Yes he has faults, but he is young enough to learn. The good thing about him is that he is not afraid to take players on and he will get supporters off their seats.

As for value. He is a direct replacement for Lookman according to MS, so if we got £22 Mil for him and are spending an initial £28 Mil for Iwobi than you are looking at a net spend of £6 million for this kid.

Ultimately if we do end up paying more in fees it means that the club and him have been more successful.

Headless chicken is exactly how I described him when the news first broke when we thought it was just to hurry along Zaha negotiations.

Whenever I've seen him I've always thought the ball looked like a hot potato whenever he had it.

Still, age on his side, I'm sure a more merciful Goodison will bring out the lads composure.......

My biggest concern, which Silva has already mentioned, is our need for players in that position to contribute more goals. We've went and brought someone in who just won't do that, IMO.

If Kean does fire and Richie/Siggy have the same season they had last season, I think we will be fine for goals with Bernie/Iwobi providing different things from the left.

Think we would have all prefferred Zaha as his ability in close quarters to hold the ball and have defenders going one way while he goes another is great, but as an improvement on Theo? Yes please.

We are heading into the season with 2 senior CB's of whom one has been injury prone for a year. That is my concern. More goals will get cancelled out by more shipped.

Headless chicken is exactly how I described him when the news first broke when we thought it was just to hurry along Zaha negotiations.

Whenever I've seen him I've always thought the ball looked like a hot potato whenever he had it.

Still, age on his side, I'm sure a more merciful Goodison will bring out the lads composure.......

My biggest concern, which Silva has already mentioned, is our need for players in that position to contribute more goals. We've went and brought someone in who just won't do that, IMO.
A bit concerning when the Forum Moderator is referring to players as 'headless chickens'!

Especially one with 100 Arsenal appearances and 30+ international caps at 23

6 goals and 8 assists for Arsenal last season, 7 goals and 8 assists the season before that

He's JJ Okocha's nephew - hopefully he's given him a few tips...

People seem to have written Tosun off but he has scored a few goals and clearly has the right attitude - hopefully this season will be a good one for him...
He's absolutely gash mate and is probs saying how much he loves to be at the club because he's on absolute wedge to do practically nothing in a league that is way too quick for him.

He's absolutely gash mate and is probs saying how much he loves to be at the club because he's on absolute wedge to do practically nothing in a league that is way too quick for him.
I'd put him in ahead of Niasse. He's got more of an eye for goal than DCL but lacks the athleticism. He's going to be with us this season so hopefully he can improve...

A bit concerning when the Forum Moderator is referring to players as 'headless chickens'!

Especially one with 100 Arsenal appearances and 30+ international caps at 23

6 goals and 8 assists for Arsenal last season, 7 goals and 8 assists the season before that

He's JJ Okocha's nephew - hopefully he's given him a few tips...

FORUM MODERATOR IN SHARING FOOTBALLING OPINION SOCKER.

....adding goals is so much about getting into goalscoring positions. It involves ridiculously hard work (Frank Lampard) and/or ability to be in the right place at the right time (Richarlison).

Bernard has wonderful technique and composure but for some reason that fails him when in threatening positions. From what i’ve seen, Iwobi is a decent striker of the ball so if he can be told to repeatedly ‘hit the box’, especially when the ball is on the other side of the pitch, he will up his goalscoring rate.

I know Walcott is not a favourite, but he’s another who does get himself in threatening positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.