Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best finisher we have (don't know enough about Kean to include him in that). Just not suited to this league. Noticed he had a bit of a face on him in the training pics from the past week, like he knows he's now even further down the pecking order.
His not really had a decent run in the team so I feel for him a bit , but goals talk and he just doesn’t even look like his going to score

Arsenal fan here, not on to troll but be constructive. I am also not going to mention the transfer fee, that is a matter between the clubs.

In general Arsenal fans are happy Iwobi is leaving, it allows Reiss Nelson to have some game time this season after a very impressive loan spell in Germany. My issue with Iwobi is his application, you guys might remember him bursting onto the scene a few years back when he scored in a league game at Goodison. We were all raving about him being the next big attacking thing, he was very direct shooting on sight and looking a composed finisher almost David Rocastle like.

Well in the time between that game and us selling him yesterday, he has shown to be lacking in temperament and technical ability. Emery liked using him as an impact sub last season, coming on injecting a bit of pace especially at home when the away team parked the bus. His deficiencies were clear to be seen, poor final ball, inability to put the ball into dangerous areas from wide starting positions and looking like a headless chicken when things opened up for him to shoot on goal.

For me, Iwobi is an upgrade on Theo, but nowhere near the quality, someone like Zaha would offer you guys. Given the money, you have these days with Moshiri and his pal Usmanov wanting to invest, I am surprised you didn't go all out to get Zaha. That would have been a statement of intent to break into the top 6.

Headless chicken is exactly how I described him when the news first broke when we thought it was just to hurry along Zaha negotiations.

Whenever I've seen him I've always thought the ball looked like a hot potato whenever he had it.

Still, age on his side, I'm sure a more merciful Goodison will bring out the lads composure.......

My biggest concern, which Silva has already mentioned, is our need for players in that position to contribute more goals. We've went and brought someone in who just won't do that, IMO.

He hasn't made a single comment has he?

He definitely hates us and everything about us.

He's sulking already.

LOOKMAN 2.
I will take the bait!

I understand tha he didn't come to Merseyside and the medical was apparently completed in London.

I suspect that there is no promo video or quotes because he hasn't yet met up with our PR/ media team who are , of course , based up here.

No point travelling up today when his team mates are travelling in the opposite direction.

I will take the bait!

I understand tha he didn't come to Merseyside and the medical was apparently completed in London.

I suspect that there is no promo video or quotes because he hasn't yet met up with our PR/ media team who are , of course , based up here.

No point travelling up today when his team mates are travelling in the opposite direction.

In all seriousness the media stuff will no doubt follow today, but your reasoning is wrong.

Of course, Everton's PR/Media/Comms team travel, some will be with the squad in London.... Remember announcing Koeman while he was on holiday?

His own PR firm ( colourmedigital.com ) should have stuck out a generic message last night, and definitely by now on his channels IMO.

Looks like Richarilson is our cemented right forward now. Iwobi is competing for a place with Bernard, which I'm happy with. Hope the little fella responds, as he had no-one fighting for his place last year

He will be at finch farm today. Get all the stuff done that is needed, quotes, photos, meet teammates, perhaps train.

EIther play or travel tomorrow with the squad and then go home to grab any stuff he is going to bring up with him to live. May even get Monday or Tuesday off to do this so he can move into an apartment for the short-term.

In all seriousness the media stuff will no doubt follow today, but your reasoning is wrong.

Of course, Everton's PR/Media/Comms team travel, they'll be with the squad in London.... Remember announcing Koeman while he was on holiday?

His own PR firm should have stuck out a generic message last night, and definitely by now on his channels IMO.
Without wanting to split hairs - yes I'm sure that the media team travel with the team but where do you think the team was last night ? - Doubt they will be travelling to the smoke until today.

Accept that every player ( or at least 99% of them ) have agents but their own PR firms ????

Headless chicken is exactly how I described him when the news first broke when we thought it was just to hurry along Zaha negotiations.

Whenever I've seen him I've always thought the ball looked like a hot potato whenever he had it.

Still, age on his side, I'm sure a more merciful Goodison will bring out the lads composure.......

My biggest concern, which Silva has already mentioned, is our need for players in that position to contribute more goals. We've went and brought someone in who just won't do that, IMO.
That’s a good one that!

Has anyone looked up to see if Iwobi has played much in preseason for Arsenal? Wondering how match fit he already is. Obviously he's going to need time to learn our play first, but would be handy if he was match fit. Most of our new signings last year were either carrying knocks or unfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.