Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg O'Keeffe
[so 28 rising to 35]

More details on the numbers involved in Everton's deal to take Nigeria international Alex Iwobi from Arsenal are emerging.
The up-front fee is believed to be £28m rather than £35-£40m as reported earlier. Those higher numbers reflect what Everton could end up paying in performance related bonuses down the line, but in terms of their current balance sheet it's cheaper than initially thought.
I think it represents decent value for a 23-year-old with plenty to offer, even if he has some rawness about him too.
At the moment the five-year-deal looks correct, but the paperwork is still being thrashed out so don't expect to see him grinning and holding a shirt for another half hour or so.
So it’s £28m then
We should always put in performance related payments. It saves us a fortune

Iwobi a better player than Lookman. Provides cover on both wings and possibly for Gylfi. Not my money to spend but I’m very happy with the Iwobi deal.
He is right now but only because he's been given actual game time. Who is better in 3 years is definitely up in the air.

I wouldn't have taken him at the start of the window I'll be honest. But I also know very little about football either so I could be totally wrong

That would entirely depend on which camp you want to sit in by the look of it.
Don’t want Iwobi = 40m
Happy with Iwobi = 28m

Its 28 up front, 7 in add-ons, 35 possibly total. Whether you are happy or not, this lad is getting ripped all over the place. We as fans need to get behind him and give him a chance to prove himself. My goodness. And yes, I was happy with the purchase when it was though to be 40 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.