Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever watch toffee TV, which I have done a bit of during the transfer window, they have been keeping mum for over a week on ITK information they supposedly had on a winger we were after. After the bid broke yesterday they confirmed that Iwobi was this mystery player. So I'm guessing this is the back up to Zaha. Looks like they tested the water with Palace again yesterday over Zaha and then decided to walk away and go after this lad.

The Zaha transfer request was a red herring really. It gave the fans hope, well those of us who wanted Zaha, but because Palace wouldn't budge on the price it didn't affect the deal.

It's absolutely frightening how gullible people are it really is.

Some of you on here!! We've had a decent window. Support the club and the team and go get some tenna men/lady. The cliche glass half empty doesn’t come close!!

To really compete, I think we need wingers capable of double figures goals/assists.

I don't think that's Alex Iwobi.
Double figures in both?

I agree but that's also kind of out of our reach at the moment. The players who did that last year were Sterling, Sane and Hazard. Iwobi could absolutely get 5 goals and 10 assists if you mean double figures combined.

I don't actually rate him mate, he's had 4 seasons since his debut for Arsenal and the jist from some Arsenal fans is that in all that time he's never kicked - on, and never looked likely too. Hopefully a change of scenery, coaching staff etc may change all that, and I get to eat my words.
I think we're all in the game now of 'hoping'; but it should really be the case that we have now a player in the club where hoping doesn't come into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.