Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about this the happier I am.

He was very, very highly rated when he first came on the scene and he’s only just turned 23. He seems a little bit of a Bernard/Pienaar type player that will link up play, someone who will carry the ball and retain it well under pressure. If I recall correctly we were pretty high up the list for times possession lost last season. For all Richarlison’s qualities he does lose the ball a fair bit.

We live in a world where championship players are being bought for £20m+ so £35m - £40m isn’t that bad. It’s not just exactly a bargain.

I’m fairly pleased with this one.

We will see about as much of this player as we did of Lookman. I genuinely don’t see where he fits in unless there are a rash of injuries. Wasted signing.
I thing you are wrong on all counts.Lookman had talent but for whatever reason didn't want to knuckle down and basically didn't want to be here.We will see a lot more of this boy I'm sure.Hope he settles in and does well

28 mil up front. The rest (£7m) in performance bonuses.

Better value than 80 million for Zaha imo, although I doubt he’ll have that same immediate impact that Zaha would have had.

Think people need to hold off the criticism on the back of what some Arsenal fans are saying. He’s a good player, get behind him and give him time.

So what is it, £28m or £40m?

Bit of a difference that.

Greg O'Keeffe
[so 28 rising to 35]

More details on the numbers involved in Everton's deal to take Nigeria international Alex Iwobi from Arsenal are emerging.
The up-front fee is believed to be £28m rather than £35-£40m as reported earlier. Those higher numbers reflect what Everton could end up paying in performance related bonuses down the line, but in terms of their current balance sheet it's cheaper than initially thought.
I think it represents decent value for a 23-year-old with plenty to offer, even if he has some rawness about him too.
At the moment the five-year-deal looks correct, but the paperwork is still being thrashed out so don't expect to see him grinning and holding a shirt for another half hour or so.

More details on the numbers involved in Everton's deal to take Nigeria international Alex Iwobi from Arsenal are emerging.
The up-front fee is believed to be £28m rather than £35-£40m as reported earlier. Those higher numbers reflect what Everton could end up paying in performance related bonuses down the line, but in terms of their current balance sheet it's cheaper than initially thought.
I think it represents decent value for a 23-year-old with plenty to offer, even if he has some rawness about him too.
At the moment the five-year-deal looks correct, but the paperwork is still being thrashed out so don't expect to see him grinning and holding a shirt for another half hour or so.

Ta.

Eases the pain a bit as I very much doubt Arsenal will see any of that performance related money. Over 25% cheaper. Doesn't make him less crap, but means we're punished less for the mistake when we offload him in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.