Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not good enough. Look at who he's supposed to be upgrading: Walcott.

8 goals in two seasons and 5 assists. As opposed to Iwobi over four seasons: 10 goals and 16 assists.

Is that anything like an upgrade for you mate?

£30M for another player not even as prolific as Walcott.

I don't actually rate him mate, he's had 4 seasons since his debut for Arsenal and the jist from some Arsenal fans is that in all that time he's never kicked - on, and never looked likely too. Hopefully a change of scenery, coaching staff etc may change all that, and I get to eat my words.

So out of all the wingers in the world we had only identified Zaha and Iwobi. Great scouting system
He wouldn't have been my choice either. There were at least 3 or 4 others who I really wanted us to bring in

But at the end of the day you and I don't know what Silva/Brands were looking for as regards a skill set. They may have been looking for somebody used to the premier league, given the number of overseas players brought in, and perhaps somebody classed as home grown as we're getting close to the knuckle there too.

Anyway, he's an Everton player now. You can either moan about it or you can accept that it was the managers choice and get behind him when he puts on a blue shirt.

I seriously hope Iwobi never reads this forum, or Twitter, or any other social media outlet where Evertonians are writing him off. Completely writing him off. Unacceptable really. Can we PLEASE get behind this lad. Give him a chance? Otherwise, his confidence will be shot before he's even started.

I seriously hope Iwobi never reads this forum, or Twitter, or any other social media outlet where Evertonians are writing him off. Completely writing him off. Unacceptable really. Can we PLEASE get behind this lad. Give him a chance?

I can't recall us ever making a transfer with such a response.

The positive is the expectations will be so low!

Status
Not open for further replies.