2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have sold out best centre mid, sent back our best `defender' back from loan.

We have bought a centre mid who rarely got a game for City and is not as good as Gueye and a fella from Germany who is almost certainly not as good as Gueye. We have also bought a 19 year old forward who may come good in a few years.

There is a huge gapping hole in centre of our defence, with an error prone keeper behind him and a top tackling centre mid in front been sold.

All I hear is we are making progress. No basis for showing that.

surely you can post one nice thing about everton?

Next 30 hours or so are of huge importance to brands and Everton.

I don't think the guy has done much wrong at all since he got here and he deserves some faith, but there are clearly some areas of concern which need to be addressed before the window shuts at 5pm tomorrow.

Zouma left - can't do much about that, he wasn't our player. But he was a 1st XI standard centre back. If we can't agree a deal to bring him back here, we need to get another centre back who is equally capable of playing to the same standard. The rumours of a loan move for Tomori are concerning because he's almost certainly not the standard required to be able to slot into the 1st XI straight away.

Lookman left - there was logic in this, but we haven't replaced him at all yet. An injury to Richarlison or Bernard and we are left with Walcott (and let's face it, nobody wants to see that). Zaha is an ambitious target, and that's to be applauded in many ways, but if we can't pull that off then we need to have an alternative lined up.

The move for Doucoure is an interesting one - I think this one falls squarely in the "nice to have" category, but even he seems like poor value for money. Kessie, for example, is available for around £30m and would appear to be at least as good for better value. Can't help but feel that this is one that Silva really wants and Brands has signed off on. Wouldn't be too devastated if it doesn't happen, but if it does it absolutely cannot be at the expense of one of the above two areas.

The anxiety is beginning to build ever-so-slightly

You watched much Everton lad ?
Could have sworn that Digne was the best of our defence mate.
He was our best `attacking defender'. His defensive abilities are still open to question.
Zouma can `defend properly' even though he is Div I class with ball at his feet.

surely you can post one nice thing about everton?
Not in modern history.
Since the mid 90's we have gone from a club with a proud history and culture/expectation of success to an apathetic, leaderless, nothingness.

The new owner was a bright light but he has failed dismally so far by installing hopelessly poor managers/recruiters and has wasted
hundreds of millions to keep us standing still.

I have next to no faith in the current manager but hope Brands will suceed over the next few years.

Not in modern history.
Since the mid 90's we have gone from a club with a proud history and culture/expectation of success to an apathetic, leaderless, nothingness.

The new owner was a bright light but he has failed dismally so far by installing hopelessly poor managers/recruiters and has wasted

I have next to no faith in the current manager but hope Brands will suceed over the next few years.

i'm 30 and never seen us win anything, but i still love the club and can at least post something positive. Maybe that'd be different if i grew up seeing us being the best in england though, compared to now. Good that you have high standards though, things are looking up tbf, our level of signings have gone up about 3 levels under brands.

Not in modern history.

Those points may be true but what you need to do is take that weight off your shoulders and look up and forward then inject a smidge of positivity in your veins and I guarantee the bitterness will float away and you may fall back in love with Everton again.

Off Topic
i'm 30 and never seen us win anything, but i still love the club and can at least post something positive. Maybe that'd be different if i grew up seeing us being the best in england though, compared to now. Good that you have high standards though, things are looking up tbf, our level of signings have gone up about 3 levels under brands.

Your THIRTY ?????

I honestly had you down as about 17.

If he gets at least 75% of the deadwood out he will be the epic wheeler and dealer. Not sure what is going on with all this crazy news I woke up today but someone is having a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.