2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue to the core mate.

But I am a realist who likes to evaluate things rationally. The blind faith on here reminds me of people who believe in a certain religion.

Difference is, this club could produce miracles/magic for us with the millions pumped into it. I am just not seeing how we are gaining ground on the top 6 clubs in the country never mind the top 4?

Are people so apathetic that 7/8th makes people feel good?

Last 5 seaons how many points we have been off 4th/6th = 17/12...16/14....15/8.....19/16.....23/15....

Nil progress and I dont see how this team makes any this season?

What's 'nil progress'? We walked down such a blind alley with Koeman we ended up with the straining waistband of rather large Samuel. That has taken some fixing.
We've had seasons of dross so to want immediate return is a bit of an ask. It's more to do with patience and direction.
As long as we are making efforts to move forward then it's up to us to show patience and above all, support.
We're Everton, I understand some struggle with optimism, but if you don't have any, seriously, what's the point?
What we've done so far has been really positive for me.

We have sold out best centre mid, sent back our best `defender' back from loan.

We have bought a centre mid who rarely got a game for City and is not as good as Gueye and a fella from Germany who is almost certainly not as good as Gueye. We have also bought a 19 year old forward who may come good in a few years.

There is a huge gapping hole in centre of our defence, with an error prone keeper behind him and a top tackling centre mid in front been sold.

All I hear is we are making progress. No basis for showing that.

We have bought a centre mid who rarely got a game for City and is not as good as Gueye and a fella from Germany who is almost certainly not as good as Gueye. We have also bought a 19 year old forward who may come good in a few years.

There is a huge gapping hole in centre of our defence, with an error prone keeper behind him and a top tackling centre mid in front been sold.

You are a guy who does glass 7/8 empty?

You are just repeating the same inane rubbish.....

You watched much Everton lad ?
Could have sworn that Digne was the best of our defence mate.

Well in mate.

Sent our best defender back from 'loan'....

Jeebus, you know how these things work, it isn't our decision in the end.

As for the rest, that's all supposition and opinion painted the blackest of blacks.

It's okay though, you can wallow. There's two days left of the window and four till the season starts. Of course now is the exact time for misery, pessimism and for some, giving in. Enjoy ;)

Why don’t you wait until some football matches have been played and you actually know how good these players are then before making demented statements like this?

Cheerful you.
Have not kicked a ball and you are despairing and in my opinion you are totally wrong.

...interesting insight from Danny Mills;

“A very good guy, i’ve been fortunate enough to meet him several times, sit down and have a chat with him. Very impressed with him, he’s across everything, I guarantee it. I’ve been down to Finch Farm where he’s been watching the U15s, watching the U17s, watching the U18s.
He’s across everything, yeah it’s his job but as a technical director he’s looking for talent not just from the Premier League, but from abroad and from inside the club as well.”

Interesting to see how he handles this.
Last season left it late but got in gomes and zouma as there clubs were trying to shift them.

This time it's the opposite palace have the bissaka money and don't need to sell and Watford don't need the money.

Interesting to see if he gives in and overpays or moves on to alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.