• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dice will have to fall heavily in our favour to hit 4th or 5th place. We are still in "team building" mode. Which means, far as playing staff goes, this will be another season of transition. Brands and Marco have repeatedly said this is a long term project. I see no reason to doubt this.
Which can only mean, another difficult season for the impatient. However, it is not unreasonable to expect signs of improvement, like beating the RS and doing well in a cup run. Anything short of this is stagnation and then we can ask questions of our management team.
Why is the manager ring fenced separately from the progress of the side?
If the team does not progress significantly with these signings do we just put it down to team building.
The manager is the most important signing. Brands and Silva aren't the same entity.

In the first six he's got Palace, Aston Villa and Bournmouth away
and Watford, Wolves and Sheffield at home.
No matter the preparation and the team building, if he's going to become top 4/6 material
then its starts with at least 4 out of six wins.
Its about winning rather than entertaining a philosophy.

We need a winning mentality first, the style can come later.

Why is the manager ring fenced separately from the progress of the side?
If the team does not progress significantly with these signings do we just put it down to team building.
The manager is the most important signing. Brands and Silva aren't the same entity.

In the first six he's got Palace, Aston Villa and Bournmouth away
and Watford, Wolves and Sheffield at home.
No matter the preparation and the team building, if he's going to become top 4/6 material
then its starts with at least 4 out of six wins.
Its about winning rather than entertaining a philosophy.

We need a winning mentality first, the style can come later.
Agreed. The problem for Everton has been the lack of that elusive winning mentality. It has infected the club from the top down ("expected losses", players downing tools, managers coming and going). Surely we have all been crying out for a stable, balanced side that can come together as a team and actually find that mentality.

A big year for Silva, Brands is doing his job, getting players in and out, so it’s now down to Silva. I hope he manages it, I’ll be honest that I have my doubts, but here’s hoping.......

I think he's a really good progressive manager, best we've had in a long time. He wants us to play 'the right way'.

Derby also looking to bring in Rooney as player-coach. Could be in preparation for succeeding Cocu. Not saying Cocu is coming here anytime soon like, but he defo will see the Championship as a springboard.

I don't want Silva to go, but if we had to go Dutch, Erik ten Hag is the man we want.

I'm not sure we could get him out the Ajax project.

Last season would have made a great video in that kind of format. The early optimism, the relegation form, and then us smashing it towards the end.

I said it before but the genius of having Brands in there takes so much pressure off Silva. can you imagine the activity in here if the transfers where on Silva. Less stress more success.

One things for sure... with all this money the club are spending our manager Silva is going to be under immense pressure to deliver.

His gonads are well and truly on the chopping block this season.

massive season for this fella ...

can he actually cut it at the top , mix it with the big boys, deliver us a cup run or two ..

that's what the fans and the owners all crave..

hes been seriously backed in this window, even if we don't land Zaha ...

time to prove the doubters wrong.

big test will be when we lose 2 on the trot, he needs to have learnt how to avoid a season wrecking slump..

I do actually think this season will be better than last

"Whaa whaa whaa, I want now very mucho to go to Arsenal....whaa whaa whaa, I gib my very best to Everton....whaa whaa whaa, I feel like my precious talents are imprisoned here, they need Champions League futbol....whaa whaa whaa".

Helmet headed Judas.
On what planet is a 29 year old player leaving after 6 and a half years of excellent service in order to pursue every footballer's dream of Chamopins League football being a Judas? Helmet headed? People in glass houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.