Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An attacking force that includes Zaha, Kean and Richarlisson is pretty frightening especially if Sigurdsson is playing the passes into them. The thought that a player as classy as Bernard could be 2nd choice actually gives me goosebumps for next season..... I cannot see the Zaha move coming off but don't know that we have an alternative in the pipeline.

Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.

I'd say there's some opportunism with Doucoure. It's why I don't think we will "move on". I'm not sure the manager wants another midfield player, I think at this stage he wants Doucoure and believes he is attainable. Given his age and profile, he will come straight in and be a first team choice. He will be a big improvement on what we have. I can see why Silva is keen. I suspect some encouragement has been given by the player hence why we are considering it.

You can only imagine they are confident of having a buyer for McCarthy (lots of firm interest reported) and Besic. Maybe Schneiderlin too. Seems an awful lot of movement but it's not inconceivable.

It suggests to me Zouma is off the cards too, so we are probably better getting to grips with that reality.

Lets do a quick straw poll.

If given the choice, which would everybody pick :

1. The overrated utter donkey at Watford
2. Or the Bolaise mk2 with better digits at Palace

Its 2 for me, all day.
I was about to argue the toss there, but now that I think about it, you're probably not going to change your mind about a player who you've just called an 'overrated utter donkey.'

Tell you what this window has shown, that you dont need European football to get players in, no one cares about the Europa league. I hope we can win a cup and if so we will get in it that way, but if not i hope we avoid 6 or 7th again next season. If we have a go at 4th and miss out and come 5th fair enough

After spending the weekend in Bremen, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to qualify for the Europa League. Surely following a football team is about memories of watching great matches, midweek games under the lights at Goodison, trips away and abroad with a load of other blues. If we qualified for the Europa its a genuine opportunity to win a trophy, along with the two domestic cups. Imagine the trips, the experience and the memories we would make along the way if we made it to the final. Its same reason I think we should go all out to win both cups every year. If that means finishing one league place lower so be it.

Also, why would we be doomed to finishing 8-10th if we did qualify for the Europa? If we do buy Zaha, Doucoure, Zouma (or another CB) and Sidibe that gives us real competition for places. Two players competing for each position and real squad strength. With another summer transfer window that can be used to strengthen the squad with the added attraction of European football, continued Europa qualification should be seen as an essential step to progress on the pitch.

I dont agree mate, next season might be harder to just stay 8th, Wolves, Leicester and West Ham for example, let's say they step up, just to stay 8th would take more quality then we had last season.
If we finish lower than 8th this season then it will have been a very poor season. If we spend the rumoured £100m+ over the next 48 hours and still finish lower than 8th then it will have been an unmitigated disaster and many, many, heads will roll.

Surprisingly quiet today, but Brands will be hard at it behind the scenes I have no doubt. Zaha and a centre back, be it Zouma or someone else like Llorente and it’s been a very good window. Struggling to see Palace let him go this late though, basically confirms a relegation scrap at best.

If we finish lower than 8th this season then it will have been a very poor season. If we spend the rumoured £100m+ over the next 48 hours and still finish lower than 8th then it will have been an unmitigated disaster and many, many, heads will roll.
This is a very good point. I'm a Silva fan but if we get Zaha and Zouma in, for instance, and he's having that spell like he did in the middle third of last season then he's gone.

Whilst he will want top players, it starts to pile the pressure on. Can he handle it?

We might be Palaces best hope of getting a big fee for Zaha, if the PL window closes and the lad still wants a move, they are looking at reduced fee from somewhere in Italy or Spain.

I'd say there's some opportunism with Doucoure. It's why I don't think we will "move on". I'm not sure the manager wants another midfield player, I think at this stage he wants Doucoure and believes he is attainable. Given his age and profile, he will come straight in and be a first team choice. He will be a big improvement on what we have. I can see why Silva is keen. I suspect some encouragement has been given by the player hence why we are considering it.

You can only imagine they are confident of having a buyer for McCarthy (lots of firm interest reported) and Besic. Maybe Schneiderlin too. Seems an awful lot of movement but it's not inconceivable.

It suggests to me Zouma is off the cards too, so we are probably better getting to grips with that reality.
I was thinking the same with Zouma, hope I’m wrong but maybe that’s why we have gone in big for Doucoure & Zaha. As we will be loaning the RB & CB. Just hope it’s not one of Utd’s

Starting with the manager’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.