• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really don't help yourself.

I found the excuses pitiful for our shambolic performances last season.

Everyones behind him but I think fan expectation has massively increased and they'll be no excuses.

If we sign Kean, Zaha and Zouma (or similiar players) we'll have spent around £150-180 million this window.

No excuses not to be 7th pushing top 6 to the last day.

I definitely wasn't convinced last season, nowhere near it in fact but at the same time i knew that there was just no way was one season ever going to be enough with the mess that we were in. I am behind him again for this second season and i am expecting us to do better than last season. Doesn't have to be in the top 6 but i dont want to see a massive gap between us and the top 6 either. I want to see opportunity and challenge. There has to be decent forward progress after 2 seasons and 4 transfer windows.

I want him to succeed and for all the other clubs and supporters to be dead jealous of Everton having such a boss Manager.

Might not end up that way like but i hope it does.

Erm, silva has improved our defence drastically in his short tenure here alone.
That was the first proper pre season hit out.
And the signs are worrying.

Preface this with only (not really) being interested in getting into and competing in CL and competing for the title.
Ie, how do we get there?

Real disappointment to see Delph go off early and to see how the play would've worked out.

What really gets me about Silva's strategy is how it falls short in some really important fundamentals of the game.

The rhythm and purpose of the play is out of kilter.
A good marker of this is where the leaders are in terms of play,
both in terms of the personalities that project the emotions and heartbeat of the team
and the players that pull the strings, the orchestraters

Imo the reason for this is his tactics, the pressing-counter tactics.
In theory, in the moment, its perfectly reasonable, it's successful.
As part of the bigger game plan, not so.
Its too counter productive to other areas. The gain does not increase the sum.

Watch how easy it is for the opposition creative player to sit in large space in front of the centre backs
while the CF occupies the attention of the CBs
This space is created by the our central midfielders joining in the press.

This doesn't cut it at the top level.
If Silva continues to play this way this season he will get buried this season.
The opposition are a season wiser.

He needs a central defensive midfielder to sit and cancel out the opp create player
not getting sucked into the pressing game.
And the CDM and CB need to squeeze the space between them and the press he's wanting.
He needs to change the way he presses.

In short he can't do what he wants to do because he doesn't have the type of CBs and DCM to do it.

He needs to look to the strengths of the wonderful players he has got
accept the limitations
and go outand create a way of playing that works for them.

I think its too early for a coach to come in and impose a way of playing to the point he is doing.
Right now we need the coach to work to the players he's got and instill a winning mentality.
The style comes later.

If he gets Moise, then he got the players to get in the top six.
But it feels like he's pissing this up against the wall.

Preface this with only (not really) being interested in getting into and competing in CL and competing for the title.
Ie, how do we get there?

Real disappointment to see Delph go off early and to see how the play would've worked out.

What really gets me about Silva's strategy is how it falls short in some really important fundamentals of the game.

both in terms of the personalities that project the emotions and heartbeat of the team

Watch how easy it is for the opposition creative player to sit in large space in front of the centre backs

He needs a central defensive midfielder to sit and cancel out the opp create player
And the CDM and CB need to squeeze the space between them and the press he's wanting.

In short he can't do what he wants to do because he doesn't have the type of CBs and DCM to do it.

accept the limitations

I think its too early for a coach to come in and impose a way of playing to the point he is doing.
Right now we need the coach to work to the players he's got and instill a winning mentality.
The style comes later.

The GK is the problem if the CBs do push up to squeeze the space, because he is a calamity waiting to happen if he's used as a 'sweeper keeper'.

Ie, how do we get there?

accept the limitations

The style comes later.

Saw that yesterday clearly - Bremen’s play exploited that space well, especially in the second half - but we had Schneiderlin playing that DM role yesterday -not the most mobile, Gana Gueye wouldn’t have let that happen.

Sunday Times predictions giving Marco a high “Chop” rating. Says he talks a good game but his teams don’t always apply it. Clanging alarm bells will be ringing “soon”

Oh, an a prediction of 10th place

Sunday Times predictions giving Marco a high “Chop” rating. Says he talks a good game but his teams don’t always apply it. Clanging alarm bells will be ringing “soon”

The Sunday Times are know-nothing filth.

Lol, we want to buy half a team, shouldn't the prediction wait until then. Bet they did this last year before we bought all our best players?

Status
Not open for further replies.