2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I’m unsure on Zaha, doesn’t fit in with Brand’s ‘young with resale value’ strategy.

Clearly a good player, like. Just think we must have had encouragement from player and agent to go in for him.

Think we may let it go the wire to see if the player forces the issue, if not, we move to the next on the list.

I would agree but he adds experience and the fact he would hit the ground running.

We have strike the right balance as if we don’t some of these young stars will get moved on before we really get to see what they can do.

Snides 24m - 0
Lookman 8m - 22m
Bolasie 27m - 0
Williams 12m - 0
Gana 7m - 30m
Tosun 27m - 0
Walcott 20m - 0
Iceland 45m - Zero
Vlasic 10m -14m
Gibson 6m - ????
Bowler 1.5m - ??
Rooney 10m - 0
Henry 7m - 15m
Sandro 5m -0
Keane 25m - Zero
Pickford 25m - Zero
Klaassen 24m - 14m

Amount spent : 247.5m
Amount recouped in fees : 95m
Amount considered Zero due to players being worthy : 95m
Total amount wasted on rubbish : 125m

Best weve had since Moyes. LOL Just LOL.

Meanwhile Marcel Brands

Rico 45m - 150m
Gomes 22m - 80m
Delph 8m - 25m
Bernie FREE - 40m
Lossl FREE -15m
Mina 27m - 54m
Digne 18m - 275m

Amount spent : 120m
Amount considered Zero due to players being worthy : 120m
Potential sale value of all players : 639m

#levels
What part of Walsh signings/Koeman signings dont you get?

This is not Walsh v Brands.

Anyway, I'm putting this in the Brands thread an away from here as it's off topic in a summer transfer window thread.

Anyway, I'm putting this in the Brands thread an away from here as it's off topic in a summer transfer window thread.

Its already here, OMG, daves a mod?????????

But yeah, its not Walsh v Brands, it wouldnt even be fair.

I do love the way you will put all the rubbish players to Koeman and give Walsh all the decent 1s.

Its actually more impressive then i thought, bar Klassen (Koeman) anyone who has been sold has made a significant profit.

I was sitting here and just thinking to myself that the players we are after (Kean, Gbabbbbbmmmminnn and Zaha) were either all at the AFCON or on u21 duty.

It seems the deals or efforts to sign these players has only really gained traction just as they are about to head back to their clubs for pre season.

If these were our first choice targets, I think Silva would have been a lot calmer than he was last week when he was saying we needed reinforcements in as surely he would have known that these deals would have taken a little longer with the players being in various comps.

I'm just sort of thinking out loud but I wonder if the players we are (hopefully) going to bring in, whether these weren't our 1st targets at all and these were our 2nd options.

Not that it's a bad thing, just wondered if we had different initial targets and are now moving through the list. I guess Kean has been touted for a couple of weeks now, though the Zaha really seemed out the blue and such a random bid.

Its already here, OMG, daves a mod?????????

But yeah, its not Walsh v Brands, it wouldnt even be fair.

I do love the way you will put all the rubbish players to Koeman and give Walsh all the decent 1s.
Tell me which one you think is a Koeman signing.

Its actually more impressive then i thought, bar Klassen (Koeman) anyone who has been sold has made a significant profit.
He bought young and a championship player in Gueye who had excellent stats on combatively, break up in play etc. Kante-esque.

Walsh had a method, a discernible one; Koeman had none...a big soft kid in a shop full of sweets, and he bought them in pricey, sickening amounts.

He bought young and a championship player in Gueye who had excellent stats on combatively, break up in play etc. Kante-esque.

Walsh had a method, a discernible one; Koeman had none...a big soft kid in a shop full of sweets, and he bought them in pricey, sickening amounts.

Gueye never played a championship game mate. That's just sensationalism to make Walsh look better. If he didn't join us, West Ham wanted him.

Walsh gave one season wonder Sandro Ramirez £90k on a 5 year contract who we now can’t shift

Big Dog Marcel has just bent Juventus over a table for one of Europe’s hottest talents, then brought said youngster down to earth with a manageable salary

Koeman was very much old boys club, he looked after a lot of Dutch ulumni and former clubs, i bet if you delved a bit deeper you could see corralations with agents etc.

it was a poor mix, Walsh with an eye but a powder puff personality, Koeman, with zero eye but a strubborn self rightousness.

What i will say about Walsh is he could also shift players for fees, he did some cracking work in clearing deadwood in minimum windows, Cleverly, Oviedo, Pienaar, McGeady also clearling the decks of some long term high earners etc all for real money. I see them as worse players then what Brands has to shift. I just cant see or beleive there is not being a market some where for Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Bolaise, Schenderlin, Niasse and Tosun.

The window is still open however so all shifting sands.

The above should be in here, actually.

And that’s why Walsh ultimately failed, because he failed to ensure the manager had a cohesive plan. A DoF has to provide the overview to recruitment and ensure it serves the long term interests of the club and not just the short term interests of the manager.
It wasn’t the quality of his recruits that betrayed him, it was his weakness as a senior manager.
On the plus side his failure allowed us to recruit Brands and now everything’s sweet.

Koeman was very much old boys club, he looked after a lot of Dutch ulumni and former clubs, i bet if you delved a bit deeper you could see corralations with agents etc.

it was a poor mix, Walsh with an eye but a powder puff personality, Koeman, with zero eye but a strubborn self rightousness.

What i will say about Walsh is he could also shift players for fees, he did some cracking work in clearing deadwood in minimum windows, Cleverly, Oviedo, Pienaar, McGeady also clearling the decks of some long term high earners etc all for real money. I see them as worse players then what Brands has to shift. I just cant see or beleive there is not being a market some where for Mirallas, McCarthy, Besic, Bolaise, Schenderlin, Niasse and Tosun.

The window is still open however so all shifting sands.

Spot on about RK
Was once told a story by a well respected agent how koeman only signed players who were aligned to a certain agency or were represented by a certain legal firm

This was when asking said agent how the heck we ended up with coco the clown at full back

Status
Not open for further replies.