• Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

what's that saying then
Heading for Zenith apparently
To be fair nobody of note has even linked us to malcom this sunmer
Operation Exit continues to be Barcelona's priority and Malcom looks to be on his way out of the club with Zenit Saint Petersburg closing in on his signing.

The Brazilian didn't enjoy the opportunities he expected nor wanted last season and with Antoine Griezmann arriving this summer, he's been left to look elsewhere ahead of the 2019/20 campaign getting underway.
It's worth remembering that the Catalans hijacked a deal for the player to join Roma last summer, spending 41 million euros on him, meaning they want at least 40m euros to let Malcom leave.
The Russian team have the financial muscle to pull the deal off, and it seems as though the deal is possible.
Malcom's sale would come as a boost to the Camp Nou side and Ernesto Valverde has made it clear to the club that he'd like to travel to the United States with a slightly lighter squad.

Surely we should be in for him....cant believe he would go to Zenit :eek:

Didnt even read that.

You shouldnt say people have 'head trauma' if you want to have dialogue.

Oh, yawn. Got nothing to come back with an run off crying like a child.

Also if you don't want to have a dialogue then why quote me in a post and directly reply to it.

Yeh he wants a like-for-like replacement I’m just asking why it’s so necessary if we’re struggling in the market? As a team we can be just as hard to break down with Delph.
I really don't think we can to be honest.

Gueye's strength was that he covered a huge amount of ground, and regularly won the ball back (not just tackled/blocked but actually took the ball off people). Gomes is really slow, and can't tackle to save his life, so he needs somebody next to him who can make up for his deficiencies in that area. If we don't have that, our midfield will be far too open. We were prone to the counter attack at times even with Gana's energy and willingness, without an adequate replacement for it I think we'd be massacred in midfield.

I never said he was? I said us as a team. It’s basically saying aside from Chelsea (Kante) and Leicester (Ndidi) there’s no way for a team to defend without one of those types of midfielder.
It’s all about creating systems that utilise each players capabilities.
Last season Silva developed a robust and effective defence in which Gana was integral (as well as Zouma). But it took 3/4 of season to evolve.
My concern is replacing Gana with Delph means altering the system and possible having to face a disrupted start to the season.
Like for like would have been my preference.

No.

He's a decent midfielder Delph, but if you think he was one of the midfielders who unlocked defenders at City....

Think you need to listen to what Silva said about him after signing and his passing abilities.

Can say I have watched much of Delph since he has been at City, but each time have he seems to have great vision and can pick a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.