Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dono if we'd want Zouma after him being out of favour again. I'm sure if he did great for us he'd be sending the transfer request in straight away. On the other hand we may get him cheaper I. Jan or next summer and could get a profit. I dono.

When it comes to getting another wide player Onyekuru is irrelevant, as he wouldn’t be here anyway. With lookman, mirallas abd bolasie going. We will definitely be buying a wide player.

Zouma is in a tricky spot as he has a long deal, if he doesn’t get regular football he will almost certainly miss out on the Euros next summer. And I think even if they wanted to sell, his price would be to high. Will be interesting to see how his next couple of season go.

I think it's more about the fees involved, if we sell Onyekuru and Lookman, this will give us the money for a winger, if we don't get that money in and we are already spending big on a CF and a CB, I can't see us spending on a winger as well. Mirrallas and Bolasie are kind of irrelevant. If we sell Lookman and keep Onyekuru, this is probably the worst situation, because we will only have 3 wingers at the club who can play, Richarlison, Bernard and Walcott

Can I just remind everyone, that at this point last summer, this exact date, we agreed a fee with Watford for Richarlison, who was our FIRST signing that summer. We are 3 ahead already of that

This is what gets me about the internet age of football, everyone has a need to know what’s going on every damn second of the day to satisfy, long gone are the days of not even hearing a sniff about a deal till the day before when it gets reported then boom it’s done

Signings generally occur later in a World Cup / European Championships year as players and clubs delay decisions on their future until after the end of the competition.

In 2017 when there were no international tournaments, we signed Klaassen and Pickford on June 15th. Onyekuru on June 30th, Keane on July 3rd. Sigurdsson was the only 1st team signing that came after todays date, the 23rd July.

In 2016 (Euro 2016) we signed Stek on July 1st and then Gueye, Williams and Bolasie followed in mid August.

In 2015 we signed Cleverley on 5th June and Deulofeu on June 25th. Lennon and Funes Mori joined on deadline day 1st September.

So what do we deduce from this information.....

Either, we've had to wait till the end of the AFCON and the Copa to sign our targets (Pepe and Neymar, sound) or.......

We're signing nobody (bleach).

Last day signings aren't ideal. We didn't have them fit and available until mid September or into october last year.
2 were injured (recovering from long term injuries) when we bought them (Gomes and Bernard) and Mina also seemed to suffer a training injury on his return to Barca. Digne and Zouma were introduced to the match day squads before the end of August.

I agree it isn't ideal to sign players on deadline day, but I think it would be wrong to assume that it would take as long as last year to integrate players into the matchday squads. There were underlying factors last year that made matters far worse.

Signings generally occur later in a World Cup / European Championships year as players and clubs delay decisions on their future until after the end of the competition.

In 2017 when there were no international tournaments, we signed Klaassen and Pickford on June 15th. Onyekuru on June 30th, Keane on July 3rd. Sigurdsson was the only 1st team signing that came after todays date, the 23rd July.

In 2016 (Euro 2016) we signed Stek on July 1st and then Gueye, Williams and Bolasie followed in mid August.

In 2015 we signed Cleverley on 5th June and Deulofeu on June 25th. Lennon and Funes Mori joined on deadline day 1st September.

Either, we've had to wait till the end of the AFCON and the Copa to sign our targets (Pepe and Neymar, sound) or.......

There’s been the Copa America and the AFCON. May as well have been a euros or World Cup year. Transfers work in a chain, and some of our dead are probably dependent on top clubs getting their targets first. We can’t just target one of their players and expect them to let them leave without replacements. Pogba Lukaku Bale Neymar could all still move and there’ll be a ripple down effect of those moves occurring that might free up targets for us later in the window.

Or option 3 no one has a damn clue who we are adding to the THREE players we’ve already signed. Look it’s a sweltering day out, go out and get some sun or do some work or whatever the hell you do to entertain yourself instead of getting worked up

Oh and btw the drinking bleach joke is wearing so thin on here now it’s almost minuscule

Really surprised that so many people's heads are falling off. We've signed 3 players, one of whom is a new addition to the first team squad.

Of the teams that finished above and are vaguely within reach (i.e. not Liverpool and City), only United have improved.
- Chelsea signed Kovacic and Pulisic (but lost Hazard ffs)
- Spurs have signed a 17 year old and an 18 year old
- Arsenal have signed an 18 year old
- United have done a fair bit of business and will be stronger
- Wolves have signed two players that were on loan at the club last season and two youngsters

People need to calm down, absolute madness some of the crap dave and others are spewing
All fair comments. However Spurs have also signed Ndombele don't forget. He's a cracking player. Plus they don't look as though they are now going to lose either Erikson or Alderweireld so I think they will close the gap on the top 2.

Yes, those year with no/a different DOF really is a good comparison insted of last summer.

All fair comments. However Spurs have also signed Ndombele don't forget. He's a cracking player. Plus they don't look as though they are now going to lose either Erikson or Alderweireld so I think they will close the gap on the top 2.
Thought Alderweireld had ran his deal down and was free this summer.
Be a result for Spurs if he signs a new deal.
Really good defender.

Or option 3 no one has a damn clue who we are adding to the THREE players we’ve already signed. Look it’s a sweltering day out, go out and get some sun or do some work or whatever the hell you do to entertain yourself instead of getting worked up

Oh and btw the drinking bleach joke is wearing so thin on here now it’s almost minuscule

I think you need some bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.