• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Bent?

Mate that was a one off , only team ever to finish top 4 with a minus GD. Now it’s a top 6 not top 4 and the teams at the top all have second string players that would walk into our team. It’s like trying plan to win the league by following the Leicester way of doing it rather than the city, Man U , Chelsea way that has worked for every season bar one

Thought Alderweireld had ran his deal down and was free this summer.
Be a result for Spurs if he signs a new deal.
Really good defender.
It's a weird one mate. When the club triggered the option to extend (which expires next year) it also triggered a release clause of £25m. That release clause expires this Friday and amazingly there are a lack of suitors, probably because of his age. Must admit I was surprised when I found out he was 30.

Will he sign a new contract? He's refused to in the past so I think he'll run it down personally. Looks like he's after a final big pay day so wouldn't be surprised if he's another that goes off to China.

It's a weird one mate. When the club triggered the option to extend (which expires next year) it also triggered a release clause of £25m. That release clause expires this Friday and amazingly there are a lack of suitors, probably because of his age. Must admit I was surprised when I found out he was 30.

Will he sign a new contract? He's refused to in the past so I think he'll run it down personally. Looks like he's after a final big pay day so wouldn't be surprised if he's another that goes off to China.

If he’s after a big pay day I’d be more than willing to give it to him. If money is his main aim then maybe we could be swayed by $$$$$$

hes mad if he signs another deal with them. hopefully him and erikson leave on free transfers next summer

Why would the club spend close to two years on designs, huge amounts of public consultation, close to 20 mill on leasing the land, for something that isn’t happening?

It would be the most elaborate ruse ever done by an Everton board. ‘How about lads we distract all of them by ploughing years of time effort and money into a stadium that is never going to happen, we’ll even pay an american bloke millions to do a load of work on it’

Fair enough to say that unforeseen problems may torpedo the stadium effort but its becoming ridiculous to claim that the whole thing is now a hoax.
You do realise that the club spent millions on Kirkby?

It's not a ruse. I've never ever said it was a ruse. It's just a get rich on the cheap buying a lottery ticket type of scheme. It's improbable.

"hoax" "ruse"... your tilting at windmills.

If he’s after a big pay day I’d be more than willing to give it to him. If money is his main aim then maybe we could be swayed by $$$$$$
How much would it cost us though? Bearing in mind if we sign him now it's going to cost us £25m too.

I've had enough of moaning Belgians anyway lol

Last year on his contract is this year. Will leave at the end of this season.

Has a clause that if a 25mil bid made by this weekend he can leave. After weekend that clause is void. For me 25mil for him would be a no brainer ( not for us ) - clearly demands massive wages. Think a few Italian teams were sniffing round but huge wages were issue.

It's flipping amazing how they timed it months in advance to tie up with not buying players as quickly as you would like.
They can time it for any moment they wish. Why wouldn't it be predicatable to them if they knew thered be a quiet summer transfer window?

You're making no sense.

There’s been the Copa America and the AFCON. May as well have been a euros or World Cup year. Transfers work in a chain

Yeah, that was precisely my point. If we're targeting players from Africa or South America involved in those tournaments (and, to a lesser extent, players from clubs who have players at those competitions - i.e Malcolm may decide to stay at Barca if Neymar doesn't come and Suarez goes, which we'd only ever have known from late July onward anyway)

You do realise that the club spent millions on Kirkby?

It's not a ruse. I've never ever said it was a ruse. It's just a get rich on the cheap buying a lottery ticket type of scheme. It's improbable.

"hoax" "ruse"... your tilting at windmills.
Transfer thread lads.

There’s a stadium discussion thread for this.

Why would the club spend close to two years on designs, huge amounts of public consultation, close to 20 mill on leasing the land, for something that isn’t happening?

It would be the most elaborate ruse ever done by an Everton board. ‘How about lads we distract all of them by ploughing years of time effort and money into a stadium that is never going to happen, we’ll even pay an american bloke millions to do a load of work on it’

Fair enough to say that unforeseen problems may torpedo the stadium effort but its becoming ridiculous to claim that the whole thing is now a hoax.
See above

Look it’s a sweltering day out, go out and get some sun or do some work or whatever the hell you do to entertain yourself instead of getting worked up

Oh and btw the drinking bleach joke is wearing so thin on here now it’s almost minuscule

It was only a light-hearted quip! No need to get so hot-headed, pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.