Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd like to think, similar to when we all knew Lukaku was leaving a great in advance, that we have a quality Gueye replacement lined up.

That said, this is Everton

Ifs and buts. You are right that I do have an issue with Moyes - the hold he has over people. Why? I haven't completely destroyed the man if you read back through my comments. I've praised him where it was deserved. His attitude to attacking (including playing for draws against bigger teams) was part of his loser mentality. He reached his own glass ceiling at Everton. Money wouldn't help him break it - his own mentality would still be too negative.

Yes he lost key players in 09 but as soon as that Saha goal went in, he tried to keep it to 1 nil. Inviting over 90 minutes of pressure - sheer stupidity, and it cost us. How many times did we defend Burnley style by sinking deeper and deeper and defending the edge of the penalty box only to concede a shot from distance? I lost count over the years. Plus we didn't press like the top teams do, we were just aggressive- there is a difference.

I have no doubt that you are right and we would have gone down if we didn't appoint Moyes in the first place. But I hate the way we are not allowed to point out any of his flaws. Moyes was a decent manager, nothing more. Not worthy of the love in he gets here. You can't just blame Kenwright and Elstone for our malaise and the lowering of expectations- Moyes was a big part of that, always playing up the 'miraculous' nature of his work.

What started all this off was a simple comment expressing my dismay at the prospect of signing Danny Welbeck - who strikes me as a Moyes signing. I love the signings we made last year- they were refreshing and a far cry from our usual targets over many years. I don't want to revert to that and everyone feels the need to jump to St Davey's defence.

We'll have to hire a few HGVs to shift all those top 7 trophies to Bramley Moor won't we? I look forward to the Mersey entrance to the stadium being straddled by an 80 feet image of Moyes in bronze styled after the Colossus of Rhodes to reflect his importance in our history :plol

I agree that towards the end of his time with us he was too negative, but I think he had been worn down by years of low budget spending, and you can't lay that at his door. He probably would have been steered towards signing Welbeck and then trying to work around his shortcomings.

On the wider point, I think you are right - we need to be more ambitious and try to be the best.

Can not wait to see what joys today brings us, Ongoing sagas resolved? New avenues to explore?, Obscure random South Americans linked? Or just more Welbeck rumours?

Im predicting another 17 transfers from this point, incoming, outgoing, loans, free, sales, buyings. Only names listed in MY squad list, if you wish to take part in the guessing game use the hashtag #Quizio so I can pick the winner at the end.

Prize for the winner.
(There is no prize)

....it’s Monday morning Blues, and here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for 22nd July;

- Fresh from expensive signing of Matthijs de Ligt, Calciomercato report Juventus are turning their attention to departures and new boss, Maurizio Sari, says he can ‘deprive himself’ of Moise Kean. Everton are ready to offer €35m for the striker but face competition from Arsenal and Barcelona. Gianluca Di Marzio claims The Old Lady are demanding £22.5m-£27m for the 19 year old, whilst Metro say Arsenal are prioritising other signings, and the youngster is put off moving to Barcelona because they want to loan him to Sevilla.

- The Mirror and People report Chelsea centre back, Kurt Zouma, is ready to hand in a transfer request as he wants to leave Chelsea for Everton.The Daily Star, however, say the defender is not prepared to force a move away from Stamford Bridge.

- Various outlets say Idrissa Gueye is close to a move to PSG, the Express suggest the deal for the Toffees midfielder is worth £30m plus £10m in bonuses.

- Le Quotidien Du Foot continue suggest Everton see Lyon midfielder, Lucas Tousart, as a potential replacement for PSG bound, Idrissa Gueye. There is stiff competition for places at Lyon, and the 22 year old Frenchman started 20 Ligue1 matches last season, and came on as a substitute in 10 others.

- According to Sabah, Galatasaray and Schalke are battling for the signature of Everton’s 28 year old Turkish international striker, Cenk Tosun.

- Gunes report the Toffees have turned down a £1m loan offer with an option to buy from Galatasaray for midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. The article suggests the 29 year old Frenchman is keen to move if an agreement can be reached.

- Rafael Leao who has been scouted by Everton could soon end up at Valencia. Correio de Manha report the Lille forward has a new agent in Jorge Mendes who is trying to sort out a move to Valencia due to his close ties with owner, Peter Lim. The Liverpool Echo insists Everton’s interest in the 20 year old Portuguese U21 international has cooled.

- Le Parisian report Everton boss Marco Silva is very keen on Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi but has been told the 32 year old is not available this summer.

Last edited:
....it’s Monday morning Blues, and here’s the Toffee transfer rumours for 22nd July;

- Fresh from expensive signing of Matthijs de Ligt, Calciomercato report Juventus are turning their attention to departures and new boss, Maurizio Sari, says he can ‘deprive himself’ of Moise Kean. Everton are ready to offer €35m for the striker but face competition from Arsenal and Barcelona. Gianluca Di Marzio claims The Old Lady are demanding £22.5m-£27m for the 19 year old, whilst Metro say Arsenal are prioritising other signings, and the youngster is put off moving to Barcelona because they want to loan him to Sevilla.

- The Mirror and People report Chelsea centre back, Kurt Zouma, is ready to hand in a transfer request as he wants to leave Chelsea for Everton.The Daily Star, however, say the defender is not prepared to force a move away from Stamford Bridge.

- Various outlets say Idrissa Gueye is close to a move to PSG, the Express suggest the deal for the Toffees midfielder is worth £30m plus £10m in bonuses.

- Le Quotidien Du Foot continue suggest Everton see Lyon midfielder, Lucas Tousart, as a potential replacement for PSG bound, Idrissa Gueye. There is stiff competition for places at Lyon, and the 22 year old Frenchman started 20 Ligue1 matches last season, and came on as a substitute in 10 others.

- According to Sabah, Galatasaray and Schalke are battling for the signature of Everton’s 28 year old Turkish international striker, Cenk Tosun.

- Gunes report the Toffees have turned down a £1m loan offer with an option to buy from Galatasaray for midfielder, Morgan Schneiderlin. The article suggests the 29 year old Frenchman is keen to move if an agreement can be reached.

- Rafael Leao who has been scouted by Everton could soon end up at Valencia. Correio de Manha report the Lille forward has a new agent in Jorge Mendes who is trying to sort out a move to Valencia due to his close ties with owner, Peter Lim. The Liverpool Echo insists Everton’s interest in the 20 year old Portuguese U21 international has cooled.

- Le Parisian report Everton boss Marco Silva is very keen on Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi but has been told the 32 year old is not available this summer.
The Kean deal feels like it could happen. Those two teams almost certainly aren't interested and even if they are they have too many forwards for Kean to think he's actually going to get time there. The problem is Juve want a ridiculously low buy back, or at least that's the rumor, which I'm sure is why this whole thing is dragging on.

The Kean deal feels like it could happen. Those two teams almost certainly aren't interested and even if they are they have too many forwards for Kean to think he's actually going to get time there. The problem is Juve want a ridiculously low buy back, or at least that's the rumor, which I'm sure is why this whole thing is dragging on.

...absolutely, he does seem to be a target. On the plus side, the youngster has only got 12 months left on his contract so Juve know they will be forced to sell him in this window if he doesn’t sign a new deal. The clock is running down.

...absolutely, but on the plus side, the youngster has only got 12 months left on his contract so Juve know they will be forced to sell him in this window if he doesn’t sign a new deal. The clock is running down.
I think doing a clause where Juve can match any offer for him probably suits everyone if their goal is to have the ability to bring him back down the road and not to have an asset they can flip for easy cash like Barca did with Deulofeu. That way we are protected if his value rises a ton and they're protected if someone comes in for him and they want him also.

The Kean deal feels like it could happen. Those two teams almost certainly aren't interested and even if they are they have too many forwards for Kean to think he's actually going to get time there. The problem is Juve want a ridiculously low buy back, that's the rumor, which I'm sure is why this whole thing is dragging on.
Just offer them first dibs on Calvert-Lewin, seeing as he's the next Harry Kane and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.