Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory is right, we made a 50%ish profit on selling him back to Barca, not 20%.
We bought him for about £4.5m and the buy back was over £10m if I remember rightly? I can accept a buy back clause if you’re doubling your money or more, but an extra 25% or less is very different.

I suppose I was put off with the meagre amounts we made.
I prefer the desperate clamour to sign Lukaku/Gomes/Zouma than the "sake he's going to bail on us isn't he?" Deulofeu types.

I was sure the Geri deal was a win, win, in my eyes in order for Barca to buy him back he would have had to be top, top drawer.

But sadly he never was, they still brought him back.

But we made money on the deal, granted not Lukaku to United money, but its a clever way to do business, from the selling clubs POV. These 2 year loans with options to buy are making me vomit tho. They seem to be increasing in volume as well.

Honestly havent seen the lad kick a ball, so cant even comment on his talent.

From Juves POV its a cracking deal tho if true, we need a Striker, if this lad is the Striker we need, then im not overly concerned with the details in the deal, but yeah, im sure after reading for the 2646th time that Juve are about to exercise their option after he scores a brace against Stoke in the League cup, well then, im sure I will be.

my view is on is

If Juve buy him back it's because he's hitting blammos. Get a higher clause than £40m for sure. Player has to agree to go back as well and who knows, if we were to do well and retain that improvement players wouldn't be fussed about moving on after 2 years.

At worst it would buy us time to recruit a new striker, develop a decent relationship with Juventus (which is never a bad thing) and all for the cost of nothing as the money Juve would pay to get him back would cover the fees/wages we'd spent.

I was sure the Geri deal was a win, win, in my eyes in order for Barca to buy him back he would have had to be top, top drawer.

The club knew he was going back to Barcelona because he was money in the bank for them - the reason why he was phased out towards the end.

There was no way he was staying beyond Barcelona's buy-back option no matter how he performed.

Im not a Juve expert Tim.

But I assume Mandzukic 33 and CR7 34 are just 2 of the players keeping him out of the side, they wont be there much longer.

Absolutely.

But Juve will be signing other players in the next two years as well. Who knows the situation in 2 years time.

A buy back of 40m isn't something we will agree to. I've no idea if this transfer rumour even has any truth in the first place. But there's no guarantee what any player would decide in a given situation. Some like to play more than others, and I know nothing about this kid.

The club knew he was going back to Barcelona because he was money in the bank for them - the reason why he was phased out towards the end.

There was no way he was staying beyond Barcelona's buy-back option no matter how he performed.

Tbf mate one would think the player has a say in the matter too. Koeman jibbed him off in the 2nd half of 2017 hence his desire to leave.

Not gonna say Geri didn’t perhaps have attitude problems as he was never a nailed on starter under Martinez either.

But my point is if everything was going well and he was getting regular game time here and wants to stay, I’m fairly sure Barca buying him back wouldn’t have been so certain.

Isn’t this the lad who was really badly racially abused last season, scored, and then gave it the big one in front of the crowd?

If so
A) love his temperament
B) doubt he’s kean to go back to Italy any time soon if he fits in over here

Isn’t this the lad who was really badly racially abused last season, scored, and then gave it the big one in front of the crowd?

If so
A) love his temperament
B) doubt he’s kean to go back to Italy any time soon if he fits in over here

yes, not just that... his own manager and bonucci I think it was then come out and said he shouldn't have celebrated like that and sure they went as far as even saying he caused it by celebrating like that ( could be mistaken )

Tbf mate one would think the player has a say in the matter too. Koeman jibbed him off in the 2nd half of 2017 hence his desire to leave.

He was going back to Barcelona by that point.

Karanka binned Dowell off at Forest because he knew he had no chance of keeping him the following season.

The point being then, that Deulofeu was always going to go back to Barcelona - as I said often on here - because he was always going to make them money.

There was no situation then that would have meant Deulofeu would have snubbed returning to Barcelona to stay at Everton.

Buy backs have a place, but sometimes they're glorified loans/protecting an asset.

yes, not just that... his own manager and bonucci I think it was then come out and said he shouldn't have celebrated like that and sure they went as far as even saying he caused it by celebrating like that ( could be mistaken )
Yeah that’s right! Basically said he was asking for it by being a black lad and celebrating a goal, classy

Status
Not open for further replies.