Transfer Rumour Malcom

Status
Not open for further replies.
The echo shoot down every rumour every year. Whereas they hype any potential move for the reds and constantly rehash stories of potential interest from them in big names.

I'm amazed people still pay attention to them.
Have they shot down rumours about anyone we've actually ended up signing? Annoyingly, I'm not sure they have

Since Brands has come in we've had 2 (3 if including this one) and the Echo are the only people getting stuff right now whereas old reliables like Joyce and Hunter don't get anything.

Brands definitely changed who gets info.

Since Brands has come in we've had 2 (3 if including this one) and the Echo are the only people getting stuff right now whereas old reliables like Joyce and Hunter don't get anything.

Brands definitely changed who gets info.
I'm not sure Brands is leaking to the Echo in the way past regimes CLEARLY leaked to Joyce/Hunter et al... I think he's just massively tightened up the ship - and when leaks are much less common, it's more likely that the few bits that do come out will come in the local press, because they will know a wider variety of people within the club, simply down to geography/social circles etc.

No I don't think so. They broke the Richarlison story iirc

Perfectly happy to be proven wrong, but think last season their main "shooting down" was confined to Tierney and Malcom - neither of whom we signed.

It was king at the mail that broke the richarlison story but it was quickly picked up by everyone else.

He was also the one pushing the mina story all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.