Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
Again, looking at things from a business sense. I'm sure the line of credit and/or any future financing will have covenants that will restrict Moshiri's ability pull money out. He'd sell if he suddenly was forced to do that and you obviously wouldn't care as he's a ruthless carpet bagger. Solvent? Again, there's no external debt but the line of credit.

I guess I just don't understand your concerns. Everton is not dying or going away. Certainly not as currently structured.

So let me ask you this - what could an owner do to make you happy with them? In all seriousness. Is this really a concern about Moshiri, or is it ANY owner?

Well, at the risk of answering someone asking for directions by telling them "I wouldn't start from here", I have to say that my problem with Moshiri is the same as it has been from day one: he's not the owner we require. He never had the wherewithal for the transformation we required. That's meant we've seen a lot of hype surrounding his buying up of debt. The owner we need is someone who has limitless amounts of cash to invest; wiping out debt, pumping hundreds of millions into the squad, and funding a stadium development. What we actually got was a bare upgrade from what went before. The dial hasn't been shifted. We're still operating on a wing and a prayer still.

Once this stadium scheme ends up like all the others - in the bin - we'll be looking for a new owner.

Well, at the risk of answering someone asking for directions by telling them "I wouldn't start from here", I have to say that my problem with Moshiri is the same as it has been from day one: he's not the owner we require. He never had the wherewithal for the transformation we required. That's meant we've seen a lot of hype surrounding his buying up of debt. The owner we need is someone who has limitless amounts of cash to invest; wiping out debt, pumping hundreds of millions into the squad, and funding a stadium development. What we actually got was a bare upgrade from what went before. The dial hasn't been shifted. We're still operating on a wing and a prayer still.

Once this stadium scheme ends up like all the others - in the bin - we'll be looking for a new owner.

the writing was on the wall when the entire board were retained when Moshiri came in - a board that had survived mainly down to Moyes working miracles for the last ten years..

told me everything I need to know about this amateur 'billionaire'

amatuers leading more amatuers… its a recipe for disaster

the writing was on the wall when the entire board were retained when Moshiri came in - a board that had survived mainly down to Moyes working miracles for the last ten years..

told me everything I need to know about this amateur 'billionaire'

amatuers leading more amatuers… its a recipe for disaster
Elstone would have still been there if he wanted the job; DBB was a poor choice to replace him; the employment of Keith Harris...come on, wtf was the point?

The eggs are in the one basket: get someone else to pay for a stadium and foirget everything else.

So you are waiting for the semi-mythical fairy god-owner then?
Truth is they are rarer than hens teeth. Oil rich city states and Chinese Mega corporations, don’t grow on trees.
The only people interested in purchasing us in recent years apart from Moshiri have been American syndicates and they historically operate a fiscally tight ship predicated on providing profit for the owners pockets.
It is also virtually impossible to finance a football club in way the you dream of thanks to the continuing imposition of financial restrictions which grow increasingly tighter season by season.
Ignoring financial rules , as many suggest , is a foolish route to take since it would risk preventing the club competing in Europe. What would be the point? It would be like funding a club to win everything it could but never leave the Second division. A kind of footballing living death, a perpetual zombie existence.

Yep Dave it would have been better is Moshiri had lorryloads of money but you have to be realistic. If he had not come we would still be suck with BK and Doc Woods so surely Moshiri is an improvement on them? If Moshiri had not turned then we would we have found a billionaire owner./ Come out of the pipe dreams and face up to what we have. There was no better offer on the table.

If it had still been BK we would have been struggling.

You mean like Roman at Chelsea?

Net debt Not stated; £1.125bn owed to Abramovich.

Or maybe the fella at City?

Sheikh Mansour put a further £58m into City; his total since 2008 is now £1.3bn.

Neither of which gave the money to the clubs, cos you cant just give your team money, you have to lend it, like Moshiri has.

yeah moshiri is a fraud just give us an owner who has an unlimited amount of money to pump into everton football club - dave k
you are living in dream world m8, Not even Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs have these type of people yet you expect us to have one

Yep Dave it would have been better is Moshiri had lorryloads of money but you have to be realistic. If he had not come we would still be suck with BK and Doc Woods so surely Moshiri is an improvement on them? If Moshiri had not turned then we would we have found a billionaire owner./ Come out of the pipe dreams and face up to what we have. There was no better offer on the table.

If it had still been BK we would have been struggling.
The most importnat thing to achieve is the stadium build. Regardless of the owner being Kenwright or Moshiri (and despite the wealth disparity between them neither have the capacity to transform us) the stadium is the key. If that gets built then a new owner with limitless funds might be attracted. And that is our only way back to the elite.

Could Kenwright have gotten us a shot at the BMD? I dont know. Moshiri has, so there's only that which (possibly/probably) differentiates them for me. Essentially though they are the same. We live debt and ask others to do us a favour in building a stadium. That's the bottom line.

You mean like Roman at Chelsea?

Net debt Not stated; £1.125bn owed to Abramovich.

Or maybe the fella at City?

Sheikh Mansour put a further £58m into City; his total since 2008 is now £1.3bn.

Neither of which gave the money to the clubs, cos you cant just give your team money, you have to lend it, like Moshiri has.
They're up and running; they broke through the atmosphere and are now unencumbered by gravity. Their success has made them global players and they can commercially exploit that to make the finances work; and they can attract buyers again.

Us? We're stuck with the fake billionaire.

BTW, seems as good a point as any to highlight the upcoming publication of this book:

Gavin_front_cover__53092.1554806798.500.500.jpg

...just to underline how 'kin pathetic we are today.

BTW, seems as good a point as any to highlight the upcoming publication of this book:

Gavin_front_cover__53092.1554806798.500.500.jpg

...just to underline how 'kin pathetic we are today.

We aren't "pathetic"...stop being so emo, that's for the generation who've been handed participation trophies/ribbons. Now...Steve Watson as a centre forward, that was pathetic.

They're up and running; they broke through the atmosphere and are now unencumbered by gravity. Their success has made them global players and they can commercially exploit that to make the finances work; and they can attract buyers again.

Us? We're stuck with the fake billionaire.

absolutely nailed it here dave to be fair.

you either have to splash the cash MASSIVELY … or try and play catch up when it is impossible to do so , being so so so so far back commercially.

we are worlds apart in global reach and fan base.

with Moshiri doing what hes doing we are literally paddling to stay afloat, just like under kenwright and aren't even best of the rest anymore...

theres is ZERO difference, STILL got kitbag deal, shirt deal isn't much better than the chang deal under kenwright, yes we have 'USM FF' but that is pennies, we need a huge sway in commercial deals, which don't seem to be happening.

unless Usmanov comes in and just blows the whole thing up , like city and Chelsea did

I think Moshri’s been fantastic for the club.

I don’t think we could have asked for a better owner.

He’s made a few mistakes along the way, the main ones being Koeman and Walsh however I think he’s rectified that 10 fold with Brands and Silva.

The board I’ll judge by long term outcomes and not listen to posters on a message board who really have little clue at to what’s going on and how we’ve arrived here. I’m sure there will have been guarantees made, stipulations to the purchase meaning things couldn’t change all at once but as time goes by and more shares get purchased we get closer to the point where Mr Moshiri will have 100% control and then we’ll see where we are really going.

The financial backing he’s giving us for players would have been beyond my wildest dreams only a few years ago and I think a lot of clubs will be looking at us very enviously after this summer, many are already.

We’ll wait on see on the stadium but all the noises from those who know, LCC etc sound much more positive than they’ve ever been before. I’m confident he’ll produce.

He’s clearly getting backed by others cause he’s already invested an amount that no sane person would invest in relation to his own personal wealth and I think we’re very blessed to have him.

Some posters have very short memories.