Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
I think Moshri’s been fantastic for the club.

I don’t think we could have asked for a better owner.

He’s made a few mistakes along the way, the main ones being Koeman and Walsh however I think he’s rectified that 10 fold with Brands and Silva.

The board I’ll judge by long term outcomes and not listen to posters on a message board who really have little clue at to what’s going on and how we’ve arrived here. I’m sure there will have been guarantees made, stipulations to the purchase meaning things couldn’t change all at once but as time goes by and more shares get purchased we get closer to the point where Mr Moshiri will have 100% control and then we’ll see where we are really going.

The financial backing he’s giving us for players would have been beyond my wildest dreams only a few years ago and I think a lot of clubs will be looking at us very enviously after this summer, many are already.

We’ll wait on see on the stadium but all the noises from those who know, LCC etc sound much more positive than they’ve ever been before. I’m confident he’ll produce.

He’s clearly getting backed by others cause he’s already invested an amount that no sane person would invest in relation to his own personal wealth and I think we’re very blessed to have him.

Some posters have very short memories.

WEVE NEVER BEEN FURTHER BEHIND THE TOP 6 , LET ALONE THE TOP TWO.

BTW, seems as good a point as any to highlight the upcoming publication of this book:

Gavin_front_cover__53092.1554806798.500.500.jpg

...just to underline how 'kin pathetic we are today.

John Moore's done exactly the same as Fahad, gave us interest free loans.

cant believe people are lapping up all of Moshiri's very obv flaws and are happy for him to continue at it without being held to account

The most importnat thing to achieve is the stadium build. Regardless of the owner being Kenwright or Moshiri (and despite the wealth disparity between them neither have the capacity to transform us) the stadium is the key. If that gets built then a new owner with limitless funds might be attracted. And that is our only way back to the elite.

Could Kenwright have gotten us a shot at the BMD? I dont know. Moshiri has, so there's only that which (possibly/probably) differentiates them for me. Essentially though they are the same. We live debt and ask others to do us a favour in building a stadium. That's the bottom line.

So much wrong with this post I just don't know where to begin. :coffee: But just one glaring one, having the utter cheek to compare Kenwright with Moshiri, no comparison whatsoever, you are just on a wind up.

WEVE NEVER BEEN FURTHER BEHIND THE TOP 6 , LET ALONE THE TOP TWO.

I completely disagree. We should be falling further away as the top 6 have manipulated the European money using the system THEY put in place to ensure THEY kept it all however we’re not. We’re improving at a rapid rate and last season showed a change is imminent.

Some of this top 6 are as poor as I’ve ever seen them with lots of question marks over them whilst we proved last year we can compete in one off games with many of our performances, particularly those against Liverpool.

As the season went on and Marco got his ideas across the consistency came and we comfortably had top 4 form schooling some of these top 6 sides you talk about us going further away from like I haven’t seen for a long time.

This year has proven things can change in an instant as 2nd places Man United fell off the edge of a cliff finishing 6th, whilst Liverpool who claimed 4th place on the last day of the season took over them.

I expect the squad that finished last year, if Zouma is added to put in a proper top 4 challenge anyway without any additions. The fact that we’ve got Brands and Silva spending Mr Moshri’s money as well means I’m really seeing big things coming our way in the future even if you can’t. You won’t be able to ignore it soon though even with those blinkers that you are wearing on.

We’re in very safe hands now with Moshri, Brands and Silva. We’re very lucky to have them.

They're up and running; they broke through the atmosphere and are now unencumbered by gravity. Their success has made them global players and they can commercially exploit that to make the finances work; and they can attract buyers again.

Us? We're stuck with the fake billionaire.

lol

I completely disagree. We should be falling further away as the top 6 have manipulated the European money using the system THEY put in place to ensure THEY kept it all however we’re not. We’re improving at a rapid rate and last season showed a change is imminent.

Some of this top 6 are as poor as I’ve ever seen them with lots of question marks over them whilst we proved last year we can compete in one off games with many of our performances, particularly those against Liverpool.

As the season went on and Marco got his ideas across the consistency came and we comfortably had top 4 form schooling some of these top 6 sides you talk about us going further away from like I haven’t seen for a long time.

This year has proven things can change in an instant as 2nd places Man United fell off the edge of a cliff finishing 6th, whilst Liverpool who claimed 4th place on the last day of the season took over them.

I expect the squad that finished last year, if Zouma is added to put in a proper top 4 challenge anyway without any additions. The fact that we’ve got Brands and Silva spending Mr Moshri’s money as well means I’m really seeing big things coming our way in the future even if you can’t. You won’t be able to ignore it soon though even with those blinkers that you are wearing on.

We’re in very safe hands now with Moshri, Brands and Silva. We’re very lucky to have them.
laughable. completely laughable

how far off top were for some context ??

see
That isn't what you said, your quick change of stance has suited my argument not yours, you're embarassing yourself or you're new to all this, £30m+ signings now longer really excite me, only a few years ago I was desperate for Vickery to turn up on talksport and tell me about some clown like Stracqualursi wasn't 'too bad' or having Evertonians accepting Arteta being sold on deadline day eve with nowhere near the same quality replacing him, a loan at best. That was this very decade, Moshiri has taken us on leaps and bounds, attention seek all you like, but given modern day football financial constraints, I couldn't of hoped for anyone better to be in charge.

Last edited:
That isn't what you said, your quick change of stance has suited my argument not yours, you're embarassing yourself or you're newto all this, £30m+ signings now longer really excite me, only a few years ago I was desperate for Vickery to turn up on talksport and tell me about some clown like Stracqualursi wasn't 'too bad' or having Evertonians accepting Arteta being sold on deadline day eve with nowhere near the same quality replacing him, a loan at best. That was this very decade, Moshiri has taken us on leaps and bounds, attention seek all you like, but given modern day football financial constraints, I couldn't of hoped for anyone better to be in charge.

nicely swerved.

for the record we have never been further away from the top

lets all laud Moshri though

laughable. completely laughable
Not quite sure what you see that’s so laughable end of the season we started improving by halting a rampant RS juggernaut then beat comfortably Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd then finished with a draw at Spurs. Not sure how any one can describe that as falling further behind the Top six ?
It looked to me like Moshiri realised he’d made mistakes, rectified them by appointing Silver and Brands who slowly turned it round and by the end of the season we were playing as good as anyone but the RS and City.
For what it’s worth I think if they recruit well again we could be in for a really good season.