Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His foray into transfer news regarding Everton tarnished his name but his knowledge regarding business matters whem it comes to Everton has to be appreciated.
I'm not sure tarnished is the right word for getting a few predictions wrong. His hopes for the new regime got the better of him.

I think for that reason (the experience gained from it), he is perfectly placed to assess exactly how far we've strayed from the dream when Moshiri first tipped up.

He’s a top man and cares passionately about the club, he has developed terrific analysis over time to go with his own training.

I’ve been saying it on here for a few years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
I couldn't agree more. And yes, I know you are NOT a panicker, so that assessment of yours above should have alarm bells ringing for others.

This stadium idea is pie in the sky: load another (minimum) half a billion borrowing onto a club this size and in this parlous condition.

It's all tosh. Good people being conned again.

I couldn't agree more. And yes, I know you are NOT a panicker, so that assessment of yours above should have alarm bells ringing for others.

This stadium idea is pie in the sky: load another (minimum) half a billion borrowing onto a club this size and in this parlous condition.

How is a club that will be spending about 80-85% of its turnover on wages going to pay for a new stadium?

I'm not sure tarnished is the right word for getting a few predictions wrong. His hopes for the new regime got the better of him.

I think for that reason (the experience gained from it), he is perfectly placed to assess exactly how far we've strayed from the dream when Moshiri first tipped up.

LOL

A few predictions wrong.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Just came to see if there was any transfer news for the blues.

I have DaveK on ignore. Which is fabulous.

But somehow this thread appears to be all over the place and I am guessing DaveK is at the centre.

So please can I just see who we are talking about buying or selling and not the state of the clubs finances and whether it's a long term plan as that sits in another thread.

Thank you.

But somehow this thread appears to be all over the place and I am guessing DaveK is at the centre.

So please can I just see who we are talking about buying or selling and not the state of the clubs finances and whether it's a long term plan as that sits in another thread.

Thank you.

Buying Gomes
Selling Vlasic
Winning - The LOT

I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Yeah, hes totally gonna call in his loans and make the club a dead duck, cos thats defo what a successful businessman would do.

lollollol

And you talk about drinking the koolaid, battery acid is your drink of choice I suspect.

Thank you.
This is the Davek moan about the club finances thread and then there is the Marcel Brands thread where its Davek moaning about us not signing lots of players. Does that help?

He’s a top man and cares passionately about the club, he has developed terrific analysis over time to go with his own training.

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.

The Vlasic sale won't count on the books, the year ended already.

Again, WHO CARES ABOUT THE LOSSES? Mosh already paid for it.

We'll reduce our salary after this summer and be fine.

What risks is Moshiri taking exactly? The club literally has no debt except to him. The line of credit maybe. The guy is worth several billion $$$$. He is hardly going to need a couple hundred million. If he wanted his money back, he'd sell the club. Say he does. Worst case scenario is he sells and someone else richer takes over.

Usmanov has his name on Finch Farm and all over Goodison. He wouldn't be investing in the club if he didn't like the trajectory, he would've invested someplace else.

Status
Not open for further replies.