Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries mate... my understanding is that Esk decided to stop posting here on GOT in order to concentrate on developing the EBM podcasts via the Blue Room, and writing his own blog articles, which I personally find interesting reading.

giphy.gif

There's poorly run and there's willing investment.
You can't argue with the investment levels, they are significant.
You can argue with the return on those investment levels at least prior to Brands.
From a business standpoint, while our commercial revenues have increased dramatically, the level we were at was embarrassingly low. But it would be tough to NOT be critical of some of the basic business aspects of the club. The poor social media presence and communication strategies at least world wide. The lack of conscientious branding efforts and marketing is just embarrassing. The lack of outreach seems pathetic as well. The release of the kits. The preseason schedule and decisions. None of this makes any sense at all. We are missing opportunities all over the place.

But there has been turnover at the top and it's tough to tell who is responsible for the current state of affairs or is this still a hangover from the previous executives? That's pretty tough to tell.
That's just tv revenue for the most part. Just being in the top flight gets you that. It's not corporate innovation.

The Esk, top blue.
He is. The time and effort he puts in is tremendous.

At the very least he gives an overview of the club and attempts to make an assessment of how we're looking and where we could be heading.

I fail to see how that grinds people's gears. As said above: people who were promised a shiny new toy a few years back and didn't get it are determined to stamp their feet forever about it.

At the very least he gives an overview of the club and attempts to make an assessment of how we're looking and where we could be heading.

I fail to see how that grinds people's gears. As said above: people who were promised a shiny new toy a few years back and didn't get it are determined to stamp their feet forever about it.

His foray into transfer news regarding Everton tarnished his name but his knowledge regarding business matters whem it comes to Everton has to be appreciated.

He’s a top man and cares passionately about the club, he has developed terrific analysis over time to go with his own training.

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.

Last edited:
News coming in that Silva wants to replace Lookman with a more mature winger. Ryan Babel is the name but Brands has put a stop to it after finding out that he had a hair transplant made of Astroturf.

Status
Not open for further replies.