Sell to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Kenwright, we had to sell to buy because we were skint

Under Moshiri, we have to sell to buy because it's largely the rules - he is limited to how much he's allowed to bankroll us. People don't seem to like this argument but it's the reality of the situation. SO until we have big Champions League revenue streams and commercial deals befitting those of a Champions League club, we are largely going to have to operate a sell to buy policy

I agree mate - under both Kenwright and Moshiri it really is sell to buy, just with bigger selling amounts. Worrying times.

Definitely is we was promised 80m defenders. Mata’s an costa’s that make a statement signing. We will be told we tried to get bale after the transfer window. No seriously tho we do need to get players off the wage bill. Selling players that contribute nothing to the team need to be a must. An then upgrading them with better players. If we can have a transfer window like we had last summer we are definitely heading in the right direction. I like Coleman but if we can get a quality right back and a quality striker I will be made up.

I agree mate - under both Kenwright and Moshiri it really is sell to buy, just with bigger selling amounts. Worrying times.

Personally I don't think that's worrying at all. It's what the vast majority of clubs in Europe do

Under Kenwright, we had to sell to buy because we were skint

Under Moshiri, we have to sell to buy because it's largely the rules - he is limited to how much he's allowed to bankroll us. People don't seem to like this argument but it's the reality of the situation. So until we have big Champions League revenue streams and commercial deals befitting those of a Champions League club, we are largely going to have to operate a sell to buy policy
Agreed

So Vlasic is out the door, are we operating a sell to buy policy as has been mentioned elsewhere and do you now expect to see a signing? Those still sceptical of Moshiri suggest that's exactly how this summer will go, others suggest we need to trim the wage bill before incoming signings because of FFP.

Is it coincidence that Vlasic leaves as the Gomes deal looks likely to be completed? What are your thoughts? *Waits for Eggs to criticise existence of thread or subject matter

I've never been more worried about Moshiri's disastrous tenure than now. Give them all pink slips and find us an owner who gets it, Kenwright. Thank you for bringing this serious matter to light Bungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.