2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
...bottom line for me is he comes from a country where everybody plays footy, he’s 9st and he’s come through the ranks against the massive athletes. He has to be not only very special, he has to be very resilient, he has to have attitude. I always think he’s an Everton player.
If it is to be it is up to me

I reckon Bernard had that sign hanging over his bed lol

If you don’t rate him because he doesn’t score/assist loads you 100% do not understand football.
Assists are the absolute worst stat to judge on as well. Explain to me how it’s any more important than a tackle or interception to start a move/a drive forward to push the move/a smart one-two etc. If it’s a great cross or something then great but it can literally be a 2 yard pass after someone else has done a 30 yard drive or even a ball deflecting off someone’s arse.

Assists are the absolute worst stat to judge on as well. Explain to me how it’s any more important than a tackle or interception to start a move/a drive forward to push the move/a smart one-two etc. If it’s a great cross or something then great but it can literally be a 2 yard pass after someone else has done a 30 yard drive or even a ball deflecting off someone’s arse.

Because if assists weren’t a stat kopites couldn’t claim they had the best left back Digne is far better at every other stat and scored goals but because of his assists they think theirs is better

There are a lot of other stats that arent plain assists that show Bernard to be ineffective creatively last season. But that was last year and I hope that another season with the team and a better striker will see that change. Because he does have a lot of other useful parts to his game but ultimately attackers have to produce in the final third.

Exactly. People put stats ahead of what they can clearly see and it’s seriously weird.
Or they identify stats that can quantify or measure the production of a player in a particular tactic/ role. Assists are 100% reliant on an outcome from someone else and isn't frequent enough to be very useful. It doesn't tell you a lot. But most people with a brain know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.