2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between saying you'd like more than a single goal from him next season, and wanting him sold. You need to be properly mad or have an irrational hatred of him to want him out.

He's a very good player and I like him a lot. But if he's playing consistently in our front 3 then he needs to get himself into better goalscoring positions. Even 5 a season would be ok. 1 is not.

....ha ha, and that won’t change...

I wouldn't be so sure of that...depends on how much more pressure we can keep in the final 3rd. Gotta buy right this summer!

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

When you look at the vast improvement on defense this season, it all started with bringing in players like Bernard and Richarlison with ridiculous work rates. Get you a man that can play both sides of the ball.

There's a difference between saying you'd like more than a single goal from him next season, and wanting him sold. You need to be properly mad or have an irrational hatred of him to want him out.

He's a very good player and I like him a lot. But if he's playing consistently in our front 3 then he needs to get himself into better goalscoring positions. Even 5 a season would be ok. 1 is not.
I think he has been wasteful in front of goal as well. He does need to bring more composure in the final moment.

...hope so, but not sure it’ll be the case. I do think, though, that he’s capable of scoring an important one.

He would expend a lot of energy just getting us up the pitch...get him buzzing in and around the corner and top of the box with Digne and I think we'll see more numbers out of him. He causes way too much havoc and has good awareness not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.