Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't even entertain the idea of Bale, hes broken and on huge wages. Would be like when Newcastle signed Owen. Doesn't fit with what we are trying to do.

Some of our fans are comedians - I've seen posts in here turning their noses up at names such as Bale and Mourinho.

In the words of Gus Poyet - Increyable lol

No way would anyone turn down Bale, but Mourinho is different. I don't like the circus that comes with him, the win at all costs mentality and he's just a childish arse too. I would not like that type of person in charge of our club, doesn't portray what we are.
I can fully understand why people don't want him here......I don't. If he did and won things maybe I'd warm to him......

Wouldn't even entertain the idea of Bale, hes broken and on huge wages. Would be like when Newcastle signed Owen. Doesn't fit with what we are trying to do.

Come on mate, be serious. The lad is 29 yrs of age, has won nearly every possible competition there is worth winning. We have no chance of getting him, but if we did he would be the first name on the team sheet.

Isn't the talk 12m, hardly what you'd call decent profit
My understanding is that on paper the amount we paid is divided out over the course of the contract so he effectively goes down in value a couple million each season. Meaning our profit on paper would be more like 6 million or something.

The Everton Business Matters podcast explained it really well on one of their episodes. Regardless, brands and Silva don’t clearly don’t rate him, so any money we make off him is a good thing.

My understanding is that on paper the amount we paid is divided out over the course of the contract so he effectively goes down in value a couple million each season. Meaning our profit on paper would be more like 6 million or something.

The Everton Business Matters podcast explained it really well on one of their episodes. Regardless, brands and Silva don’t clearly don’t rate him, so any money we make off him is a good thing.

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.