2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, that's just a commentators cliche

Well it's not is it. Take the panenka looks quality when it goes in but if the keeper just stands there and catches it then it looks terrible.

Also I've been watching football for over 30 years and I've never heard a commentator say that:Blink:

People under-estimate how good Pickford was at the world cup.

Thats THE highest level in terms of presure and he bossed it. Somthing no England keeper has done...including Nigel Martyn.

When Pickford screws up there’s a national media inquest and an even harsher one from some evertonians. If Alisson or Lloris mess up (which they frequently do) its brushed under the carpet straight away.
True this.

Pickford is the football equivalent of marmite, both with the National press (including so called media experts) and the Everton fans. I think generally the England fans seem to get behind him.

Honestly not really bothered what he does for England. The fact is he had a very long period of performing poorly last season. He has to be a lot better next season.

A decent game against a 3. rate national side and we’re back to thesekinds of posts again? Really?
In fairness, the Swiss are not a 3rd rate team. They may not be fashionable, but they are currently ranked 8th in the world standings, qualified for the last 4 of this competition, have qualified for the last 4 world cups and 3 of the last 4 Euros, and for much of the game were the better team in their match against eventual winners Portugal.

Honestly not really bothered what he does for England. The fact is he had a very long period of performing poorly last season. He has to be a lot better next season.
Not sure that is correct.
He certainly made some high profile and costly errors, which most keepers make, but in general I thought he had a good season.
He was also playing behind a team which for a number of months had completely forgotten how to defend.

He also made two or three very good saves against Liverpool at Goodison including one on one with Salah which earned us the point he lost at Anfield. Or do we not credit him when he does well only criticise him for mistakes?
I gave him credit for his game in the Anfield Derby and always acknowledge his good games, the Liverpool cock up was one a ten year old would have been ashamed of, at the end of the Anfield game Jordan said it was just our bad luck against Liverpool, no it wasn’t it goalkeeping at it’s worse.

It's only extremely exaggerated because it was against the RS, If Pickford had say done that at 3pm against Burnley I don't think people would be as harsh, End of the day it's a stupid mistake and as we all know every keeper can make a mistake.

Yes true enough because it was against Liverpool he maybe took more stick than usual, nevertheless it was very poor goalkeeping and it is still hard to believe how stupid it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.