1995-2020 = the longest barren spell without silverware in Everton's history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton will always be relevant. Not only to Evertonians. We are an institution. Never forget that.

It will make our chances of success decrease further - if Leeds ever get back in the big time. Villa are the real threat in that respect.

The only team Everton need to fear is Everton.

Utterly crying at you fearing Villa and Leeds.

lol lol lol

lol lol lol
I fear real billionaires in football mate. Because they have real billions to spend on players, as opposed to the 'billionaire" we have who's just parking up cash for his gangster mate and waiting around to blag a stadium that some other mugs will pay for.

lol lol lol
No need to fear ourselves. I think we've already done the worst we can do to ourselves.

A good strong period of rebuilding and working to a clearly identified plan to get us back to the top of the game is what is required now. I hope that's going on right now, but it's too early to be convinced but I still hold some hope for Moshiri/ Brands/ Silva. We shall see.

No need to fear ourselves. I think we've already done the worst we can do to ourselves.

A good strong period of rebuilding and working to a clearly identified plan to get us back to the top of the game is what is required now. I hope that's going on right now, but it's too early to be convinced but I still hold some hope for Moshiri/ Brands/ Silva. We shall see.

We are the only team that can stop us getting to the top tho.

Thats my point, sure when we get we will have teams to compete with, but we dont need to fear a team that doesnt even play in the same league as us, like Leeds.

Leeds, Villa, City, PSG, Barca, none of them will impact on our goal to compete.

Only Everton will.

Wolves in two years finished above us.

I said IF.

Not surprised by who liked that either.
how many times are you gonna use this shambles example they finished above us by 3 points that includes where Everton lost nearly every game from December to January you
did this with Newcastle and now it's Leeds, Get a grip you absolute moaner just spewing absolute negative poison everywhere

Our demise started when Kendall walked out in 87 I know he's a hero but I for one have never forgiven him for that. His quote when he left 'I have achieved everything I can'. I wrote to Howard at the time, respectfully of course, I asked him to take a walk over Stanley Park and take a look at their trophy cabinet. The day HK left was the most damaging day in the history of our club. We could have easily had 20+ years of success there, instead Man Utd took it. Hate to blame it on excuses but Hysel had a massive effect followed of course by the mis-management of the club.
Some bloke has just retired at our place we all went into the boardroom and he said ' I always said I would retire when Liverpool won the European Cup again, good job I didn't wait for Everton'
To be honest I watched us for 40 years but recently stopped to wean myself away from the love/bitterness, I am considering going again cause it's hard to get over. I'm as sick as a parrott.

Our demise started when Kendall walked out in 87 I know he's a hero but I for one have never forgiven him for that. His quote when he left 'I have achieved everything I can'. I wrote to Howard at the time, respectfully of course, I asked him to take a walk over Stanley Park and take a look at their trophy cabinet. The day HK left was the most damaging day in the history of our club. We could have easily had 20+ years of success there, instead Man Utd took it. Hate to blame it on excuses but Hysel had a massive effect followed of course by the mis-management of the club.
Some bloke has just retired at our place we all went into the boardroom and he said ' I always said I would retire when Liverpool won the European Cup again, good job I didn't wait for Everton'
To be honest I watched us for 40 years but recently stopped to wean myself away from the love/bitterness, I am considering going again cause it's hard to get over. I'm as sick as a parrott.

It's tough. Of course it is. Is there any fans of a club this size at this level who've had to put up with what we've had to put up with? Two teams in one city that have historically been fighting for supremacy and now one is left marooned while the other nicks a big trophy once every so often but always has the capablity to do more? I doubt it. Not Atletico with Madrid. 1940s maybe, but they were never their equals or betters for long. That's why the thread is created. It's not a natural state of affairs. It's been different in the past: from 1892 to the 1970s we were the bigger organisation; in the 80s we were at the very least on a par with them (we knocked them off their perch, not whiskey nose). Since then they've sustained some success (though not been a dominant force) while our owners have overseen our ruin.

It needn't have been the way it's turned out, but it has. It's a long road back for us, but the first step is by recognising what the problem is: and it's sitting in that boardroom...all of them in the last 25 years.

Need to go all-out for a pot next season. Either of them.

We really should have no excuse. Both Wolves and Watford contested finals this season and both finished around us in the league.. Wolves above us even!

lol lol lol

2fb63cce70e8e4ebd0ff90d9bb79bf00--funny-toys-toy-story.jpg

Need to go all-out for a pot next season. Either of them.

We really should have no excuse. Both Wolves and Watford contested finals this season and both finished around us in the league.. Wolves above us even!
We should be aiming to overtake Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves and even Spurs who judging on their end of season premier league capitulation and their disgraceful CL final showing could have serious issues going forward. All of the teams above are no great shakes but we have to buy a very good striker and a few more and start well. Have to go for a cup this season. They owe us big time.

how many times are you gonna use this shambles example they finished above us by 3 points that includes where Everton lost nearly every game from December to January you
did this with Newcastle and now it's Leeds, Get a grip you absolute moaner just spewing absolute negative poison everywhere

This pathetic reply deserves no time.

We have been mis-managed from the top for the best part of 3 decades. The only saving grace, I mean the only one, is the new stadium. That has gotta transform fortunes and staffing big time. But its another 3 years in the wilderness till then while watching that shower keep progressing. yay................

I fear we're too far behind the top 5-6 to ever catch up. It'll only ever be one off trophy wins for other clubs now. The top lot have too much money, power and pull..

I think there's so much money going around that the level of inequality throughout the league is at its lowest for a long time. Once it was the top 4, now its the top six, and that's not going to last forever. I think our club suffers from 'imposter syndrome', which is ridiculous considering our historical standing and the fact that we are one of only 7 ever-presents in the Premier League.

I think our imposter syndrome, aka 'playing the minnow', holds us back much more than anything else, and that we have more than enough resources to make the top 4, never mind the top 6.

All the fault should be piled on Bill obviously. Greatness was in our grasp and he failed us. I knew if our neighbours beat Spurs we would see endless self pity spewing out and sure we have now got just that. Oh the misery of being a Blue (for some apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.