1995-2020 = the longest barren spell without silverware in Everton's history

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion (and I could be badly wrong), I don't think Moshiri is in this just to sell on the club for a profit. I genuinely think he wants the club to be successful, based on the little I know about him.
May have started that way but not know. His comments on 50m is monopoly money, and we are after kouilably, tell you all you need to know about his knowledge of football.

His has blown his wad of cash once on poor signings, which will take years to balance out. Which is why he is now slowballing everything including the stadium.

Having been in Madrid this weekend I can confirm that at least 50% of their support were complete bandwagon hoppers from all corners of the globe who happen to be very affluent people that can afford to throw money at such a game. My mate came back from the game last night and actually said there was a bloke next to him in a Liverpool top who didn´t know a single song apart from YNWA.
I live in Kiev and I can tell you that the legacy of last year's champions league final is an absolute glut of LFC fans. They know all the songs and it's quite comical hearing them sing Manchester is full of $#@! in a Ukrainian accent. But they're singing it with a passion you wouldn't believe, even though they've never been near Manchester. The point is that for all these clubs who experience prolonged success, they are developing a world wide fan base, improving the brand, increasing revenue and widening the gap between them and us. In an era where the PL is a global phenomenon, we have been left behind.
Blame Kenwright? Not really, unless you have concrete evidence that a decent Billy bigbucks wanted to buy us.
Blame Moshiri? Who has put his money where his mouth is, but been unlucky with unsuccessful appointments.
We've got the foundations in place to build something now. We need continued investment, good management and a bit of luck.

Lukaku's a bell and I would'nt believe anything he says personally. Keeping Kenwright on, knowing Kenwright, could well have been a condition set at the outset. I was against DBB being appointed but plenty on here thought it was a good appointment. I've no idea what her performance has been like up to now. I know nothing about Harris TBH.

Kenwright a condition set by who? Kenwright? That’s my point exactly

While there's much truth to what you say. There's a reason they're able to get behind the players so forcefully without question. Its not like they've ever had to go a truly long period of utter misery is it? What is a bad season for the RS? Finishing 8th and knowing full well that in one single transfer window things will of 100% improved. Kin' hell, we finish 8th and people at the club are smugly congratulating themselves on a job well done as though it was some sort of achievement!

Our fans moan and boo because we've been ground down by years of failure and misery from the club thats offered little to noting to be positive about. Does that make the booing and lack of atmosphere at Goodison right? No, not at all and it sure as hell doesn't help the situation but it didn't become that way by magic.

I'll tell you one thing that the RS would do if they had to endure a couple of seasons as grim as we've had to live with for going on thirty years. They'd of taken to the streets around Klanfield every chance they got and forced out the parasites involved in their club. If anyone tried that here, they'd be met by tuts of disapproval and sneers of "kopite behaviour that" from everyone involved in the club, from loads of our fans to the smug, self-satsified little cabal who run us.
Lot of truth in that. I think the vast majority of the fanbase is inhibited. We are easily embarrassed. Liverpool fans have an almost yank quality in that they are not. They have always had a sunnier disposition hence the colour, flags, banners, songs, chants etc. at their games. Anfield is uplifting, Goodison much less so. We attempted a mosaic once at the Gwladys street (its about 10 years ago, I cant remember the game) and it was pitiful. They also expect more (hence they demand more). We expect very little, and we obsess over them (this is something I’ve never subscribed to, such as watching them play in the desperate hope they will lose...rather than feed such misery/negativity just don’t watch them, like I didn’t when I went for a bike ride during the Champions League final).

I live in Kiev and I can tell you that the legacy of last year's champions league final is an absolute glut of LFC fans. They know all the songs and it's quite comical hearing them sing Manchester is full of $#@! in a Ukrainian accent. But they're singing it with a passion you wouldn't believe, even though they've never been near Manchester. The point is that for all these clubs who experience prolonged success, they are developing a world wide fan base, improving the brand, increasing revenue and widening the gap between them and us. In an era where the PL is a global phenomenon, we have been left behind.
Relates directly to what I’ve just wrote. There are two completely different mentalities among the fanbases.

Kenwright a condition set by who? Kenwright? That’s my point exactly
I did post this earlier but I will do it again as it fits in perfectly with your post.

I did post this earlier but I will do it again as it fits in perfectly with your post.

Makes me sick that

Dear lord no

Attachments

• AC79E575-FAEF-448C-9842-0A997E140773.jpeg
    AC79E575-FAEF-448C-9842-0A997E140773.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 173
This thread makes me want to cry and jump off the nearest cliff. I'm one the lucky ones who has seen us win a cup, though I was only 9 in 1995 and watched it at home with my late grandad. I fear I'll never see us lift a trophy at Wembley or Goodison. Them being so good just makes it that much worse too.

I was 11 and remember bouncing round my living room like a maniac at the final whistle. I wish I'd known that would be the highest point for me as an Everton fan.

I can't understand why we never seem to have a serious go at the League Cup.

Finishing 7th is now the pinnacle for us it would appear.....shameful. As someone who has been lucky to see us win titles, fa cups and the cup winners cup I agree with @davek having sympathy for our younger fans who haven't had that pleasure. After this weekend we will probably lose another generation of youngsters to the rs, and for me its not enough to say it doesn't matter...it does. We should be demanding success and getting rid of this "thats kopite behaviour" mentality which seems to have infected our fanbase. Otherwise we will continue as also rans in the prem and there to just make up the numbers.

More...

I was told a few things at time when the rumour hit Kipper.

One day this might all come out, hopefully before Kenwright disappears

While there's much truth to what you say. There's a reason they're able to get behind the players so forcefully without question. Its not like they've ever had to go a truly long period of utter misery is it? What is a bad season for the RS? Finishing 8th and knowing full well that in one single transfer window things will of 100% improved. Kin' hell, we finish 8th and people at the club are smugly congratulating themselves on a job well done as though it was some sort of achievement!

Our fans moan and boo because we've been ground down by years of failure and misery from the club thats offered little to noting to be positive about. Does that make the booing and lack of atmosphere at Goodison right? No, not at all and it sure as hell doesn't help the situation but it didn't become that way by magic.

I'll tell you one thing that the RS would do if they had to endure a couple of seasons as grim as we've had to live with for going on thirty years. They'd of taken to the streets around Klanfield every chance they got and forced out the parasites involved in their club. If anyone tried that here, they'd be met by tuts of disapproval and sneers of "kopite behaviour that" from everyone involved in the club, from loads of our fans to the smug, self-satsified little cabal who run us.
Good response lad. We just saw what happens at goodison when everyone is buzzing, the draw against Liverpool started it, then beat Arsenal, Chelsea and United scored 8 and let in 0, if goodison was rocking like that from the start of the season it's quite possible that we could go unbeaten at home all season. But what could happen is the first game away to Sheffield or one of the weaker sides ends up a draw and our fans instantly turn septic and Goodison is like a morgue next game which may lead to another negative result then it snowballs and takes a while to win the fans over again by then it's too late in the season to achieve anything. The fans effect the players there's no doubt about it in my mind and our fans have a negative effect on our players, look at Coleman he scored (can't remember against who) but he ran over to our supporters with his hands at his ears that's usually done by opposition players who've had the piss taken out of them all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.