2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't for one second comparing him to Bernard mate, if that's what you're thinking. I was just using Bernard as an example of where a players stats doesn't always underline his importance to the team or his general quality of play.

I know, I was making the same point. If you remove the end product, a player like Bernard is still starting more games for the team hence will be showing his importance to it. Similar to Pienaar.

Sandro didn't/hasn't ever since we bought him.

Looking at where Sociedad finished, he could probably blag one more loan move to a relegation-threatened La Liga team before spending 2020-21 at a Segunda club.

I'd give him a run out in pre season at right back. He works hard, seems to have decent pace and a good engine, and the one thing we know he does well is hits in a great heavy low ball from the right wing. Other wide forward players have successfully converted to full backs in the past. It's not as if we have anything to lose by trying him there.
From the Thomas Meunier thread:
I am a PSG fan so i can tell you about him

He is a really great offensive player. At the beggining of his career he was a striker so he is great on that.

Coleman is a best defender than him but he is not that bad.

If he can get him less than 20 this is great
So not an insane shout. lol

Just imagine how the contract negotiations went, just how pleased was someone at the club when we finally talked him down to 120k a week, what was the starting number?

Just imagine how the contract negotiations went, just how pleased was someone at the club when we finally talked him down to 120k a week, what was the starting number?

We probably went in with the peter risdale approach. Apparently at Leeds a player and his agent went in to see him thinking “we’re not taking less than £30k/week”. Walked in and Risdale goes with “£50k/week, not a penny more”.
The player and agent look at each other in disbelief. Risdale sees their reaction and straight away “ok, £70k a week”.

(Figures might not be accurate but the general idea of the story is correct)

We probably went in with the peter risdale approach. Apparently at Leeds a player and his agent went in to see him thinking “we’re not taking less than £30k/week”. Walked in and Risdale goes with “£50k/week, not a penny more”.
The player and agent look at each other in disbelief. Risdale sees their reaction and straight away “ok, £70k a week”.

(Figures might not be accurate but the general idea of the story is correct)

Seth Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.