Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another of my favourite ever strikers. Seria A has had some amazing strikers. Vieri, batastuta, Baggio, zola, totti, inzaghi, weah, del Piero. The list goes on.

I’d love us to unearth an iconic striker like one of the above.

I always forget about Vieri but a video popped up on BookFace and it all comes back. He’s not far off the exact type we need now. So powerful and could slot almost any type of goal.

There must be one out there? Has Marcel checked the Italian but actually Australian market yet?

Has Sandro gone yet? Or the other wasters earning megamoney doing F all at EFC? Until the deadwood is shipped out we aint buying anyone....

Has Sandro gone yet? Or the other wasters earning megamoney doing F all at EFC? Until the deadwood is shipped out we aint buying anyone....
Do other clubs manage to sign as many absolute wasters as we seem to? Has anyone else got the equivalent of McCarthy, Besic, Sandro, Bolasie etc on their books?

Apologies to fans of said wasters.

We already signed someone. But please don't tell me you believe this whole sell to buy idea considering we've spent what we've spent the last two years.

There was a discussion on the radio last week about “ the O ring principle” applied to football. Basically the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster was caused by a cheap component , a faulty O ring, so if you spend millions on strengthening already good areas and fail to strengthen your weakest area you’re doomed.
For us it’s pretty obvious . There are areas we can improve , but our weakest area is a proven goalscorer. Spending the bulk of our money on obtaining a 15 goal plus striker is a priority , plus another to push DCL so we have three strikers. As I say, obvious, but must admit I don’t have a clue who the main striker should be. I’d be happy with Tammy Abraham as a 2nd striker if Oumar and Cenk are moved on.
Actually I think the lesson learned from the O-ring incident is a completely different one .The O-ring was delivered as specifications requested but was used outside temperature boundaries set by NASA. The reason for this was that when the go no-go questions for launch came up after several delays on the launch one of the younger engineers from the company delivering the O-ring didn't have the guts to stand up to one of the company's senior engineers who said the O-ring would handle the freezing temperatures that was outside the required specifications of the O-ring. Reason suspected to be the Mormon patriarchal environment which existed in Utah (where the company stemmed from). Lesson learned is something about creating a culture where everybody can speak their concerns regardless of social standing and status.
Obviously useful on a footie forum....
And please correct me if I'm wrong

Do other clubs manage to sign as many absolute wasters as we seem to? Has anyone else got the equivalent of McCarthy, Besic, Sandro, Bolasie etc on their books?

Apologies to fans of said wasters.

They do yeah. We moan about ours though as we’re obviously closer to them and not did we go through a right spell of buying crap.

Hopefully the end of that is nigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.