Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandro will never get 100k a week again. At some point though, he'll be off our gravy train regardless. At what point does he walk before this depends on who will pay what for him in terms of wages and longevity of contract, and how much we will subsidise his departure. How long has he got left? 2 years? In that case, he might well be advised to seriously start considering offers. I would also assume that next summer he will be gone regardless if he gets what he considers a decent offer.

He's perfectly entitled to run the next three years of his contract out and take the £120k per week. You have to assume that will happen, because as you say. No-one is going to pay him anywhere near that.

Best case scenario I can see is that we can shift him on a free transfer and end up subsidising half of his salary for the rest of his term. But realistically, who would even pay him £60k per week at the moment?

I think hes class, also that Ndidi for Leicester. Since before they joined those two clubs I named them on this site.

Leicester especially have made great midfield transfers with Ndidi, Madisson and Tielemans (loan).

If we were able to spend huge money this summer then I'd be ecstatic with Neves and Ndidi at the base of our midfield.

Pity we dont have any young lads like that aside from the streetballer Davies :)

Some glorious fantasy here Zat. Reeling them in.

Just needs a team formation diagram and this is a 10/10 post.

He's perfectly entitled to run the next three years of his contract out and take the £120k per week. You have to assume that will happen, because as you say. No-one is going to pay him anywhere near that.

Best case scenario I can see is that we can shift him on a free transfer and end up subsidising half of his salary for the rest of his term. But realistically, who would even pay him £60k per week at the moment?

I thought Sandro did alright in pre-season last year ya know! (insert abuse here)

If we sign a top top striker, and have Sandro, Onyekuru and DCL as the 4 strikers it might be decent. Sell Niasse and Tosun for £20m and spend £40m+ on a top striker. We are going to be stuck with Sandro and wont be able to even loan him again!

Sell Walcott and replace him in the squad with Vlasic. Have Lookman as the back up right winger. Vlasic rotates with Gylfi.

Sell Schneiderlin and replace him with McCarthy (no point even trying to get money for him with his injury record.

Get rid of Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun, Schneiderlin, Williams, Jagielka, Niasse, Mirallas, Baines (maybe). Cuco the Clown, Besic and Garbutt (£25k a week!!!!). That's some savings on wages!

Easy this transfer business.

Listened to an interview with the DoF of real sociedad a month or two ago, Sandro accepted a big wage cut to join la Real last summer and everton weren´t covering any of his wages. He is a good lad and works hard… he wont sit on his contract if he wont be playing and there is still a decent footballer in there.

Listened to an interview with the DoF of real sociedad a month or two ago, Sandro accepted a big wage cut to join la Real last summer and everton weren´t covering any of his wages. He is a good lad and works hard… he wont sit on his contract if he wont be playing and there is still a decent footballer in there.
Well done to the guy if he is determined to play and willing to take the pain of a pay cut. I wouldn't in his position because you never know when that career could end, and at the end of the day, he can be set for life in 1 year with us, but in 5 years he could have his kids and grandkids set for life.

I am by no means in the know but I find that hard to believe. Would you as a mediocre player turn down your 100k a week wages and get what at best 30 odd k? This is his making hay while the sun shines time setting him up for life. I would have thought we have to be making up the difference.

Any links to that interview? Be interested in listening to that.

I thought Sandro did alright in pre-season last year ya know! (insert abuse here)

If we sign a top top striker, and have Sandro, Onyekuru and DCL as the 4 strikers it might be decent. Sell Niasse and Tosun for £20m and spend £40m+ on a top striker. We are going to be stuck with Sandro and wont be able to even loan him again!

Sell Walcott and replace him in the squad with Vlasic. Have Lookman as the back up right winger. Vlasic rotates with Gylfi.

Sell Schneiderlin and replace him with McCarthy (no point even trying to get money for him with his injury record.

Get rid of Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun, Schneiderlin, Williams, Jagielka, Niasse, Mirallas, Baines (maybe). Cuco the Clown, Besic and Garbutt (£25k a week!!!!). That's some savings on wages!

Easy this transfer business.

This is exactly how you would approach it in Football Manager. As you say, easy.

Jagielka and Williams are out of contract in July, so there's two sorted immediately!

That's good. I'm possibly being harsh and lumping him in with the other greedy buggers who get a big move and then refuse to downgrade.
If he wants to play football and will accept a cut in order to do that, then he's one of the good ones.

I'm sure he didn't expect to be paid that salary in the first instance.

I am by no means in the know but I find that hard to believe. Would you as a mediocre player turn down your 100k a week wages and get what at best 30 odd k? This is his making hay while the sun shines time setting him up for life. I would have thought we have to be making up the difference.

He is 23 now, has ten years left in him more or less, only 2 of those will be at everton, so he will have 8 years left once his contract has finished. He probably made a calculation that the money he would lose over the last couple of years of his everton contract could be made up later in his career if he got some kind of form back on loan somewhere else… if you remember it was him that wanted to leave to play last summer, not everton forcing him out https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...i-want-to-keep-ramirez-at-everton_334675.html

Status
Not open for further replies.