Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine some of the *younger* players will go out on loan and just have their contracts wind down. Garbutt, Pennington, Galloway etc.

The more * experienced * players who still have with time on their contracts to try and shift for some money.

Martina
Mirallas
Niasse
Bolasie
Besic
Ramirez
Vlasic (?)
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Tosun(?)
Gueye(?)
Seriously man. Who saw cuco Martina and thought now theres a guy who deserves a professional contract? Hes absolute garbage.

We need 5 players that walk into the team RB,CB,2xCM and Striker. Also another quality wide player
Don't agree on the RB. Coleman's performances over the last 3 months has moved that position from essential to would be nice to. The other positions I agree 100%. Ideally Gomes and Zouma would come in. Which means a BTB strong running midfielder and a striker. Lozano to replace Walcott makes up the summer transfer business. So, five first teamers in plus a couple of youngsters maybe. I reckon 22/24 out, combination of loan/ transfers/releases.

For any blues thinking Everton will deffo spend huge this summer and challenge top 6 I urge you to temper your infectious optimism. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of our 'top 4' form due to our successful finish to this season.

We've taken in approx 128m in revenue this year. Significant amounts of this sum go on player salaries. We have boat loads of players who have not even been at Goodison this season, proving difficult to offload. They cost a Kings ransom to support and it's money down the grid for us and it's holding us back. We made a financial loss last year but it wasn't as big as it should've been, due to Moshiri's 250m investment.

We've got massive challenges this summer. Idrissa seems likely to leave. He is such an important player for us. We will have a battle to hold onto Zouma and Gomes, two important loanees that have certainly improved us.

We are crying out for a striker who can both hold the ball up and slot goals as well.

If Brands is as good as we all hope maybe he can meet these huge challenges. However even if we fail to secure our impressive loanees and Idrissa or Richarlison leave we will have to bed in new replacements. This has proved to be tough going for our club in recent seasons. We need to build on what we have and not constantly re-build. I really hope Brands shows us what he can do this summer. I'm aware of the huge challenges he faces so I'm not as maybe optimistic as I'd like to be.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Everton are linked with a move for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze.
RMC say Marco Silva and Marcel Brands have been impressed by the 25-year-old who has made 35 Ligue 1 appearances this term.
Patrick Vieira is currently in charge at Nice but Tameze could be tempted by the lure of Goodison Park.
He has two years remaining on his current deal.

Seriously man. Who saw cuco Martina and thought now theres a guy who deserves a professional contract? Hes absolute garbage.

87E53F7F-5053-476E-90F0-8008D22AF0EB.jpeg

For any blues thinking Everton will deffo spend huge this summer and challenge top 6 I urge you to temper your infectious optimism. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of our 'top 4' form due to our successful finish to this season.

We've taken in approx 128m in revenue this year. Significant amounts of this sum go on player salaries. We have boat loads of players who have not even been at Goodison this season, proving difficult to offload. They cost a Kings ransom to support and it's money down the grid for us and it's holding us back. We made a financial loss last year but it wasn't as big as it should've been, due to Moshiri's 250m investment.

We've got massive challenges this summer. Idrissa seems likely to leave. He is such an important player for us. We will have a battle to hold onto Zouma and Gomes, two important loanees that have certainly improved us.

We are crying out for a striker who can both hold the ball up and slot goals as well.

If Brands is as good as we all hope maybe he can meet these huge challenges. However even if we fail to secure our impressive loanees and Idrissa or Richarlison leave we will have to bed in new replacements. This has proved to be tough going for our club in recent seasons. We need to build on what we have and not constantly re-build. I really hope Brands shows us what he can do this summer. I'm aware of the huge challenges he faces so I'm not as maybe optimistic as I'd like to be.

What do you think?

What do you think?

Very good assessment to be honest.

Not sure how the finances work, but interesting that one of the guys of the Everton business maters tweeted it would be better if we could sell a few IE Gana if he wants out, before May 31st and buy from June the 1st due to how the financial year works.

My view is that we buy who we want and then off-load the dross. This is up to Moshiri to facilitate. We can't wait until we have lessened the core, as we would miss out on our targets.

They (the dross) are dead weights anyway and we are going to take a humping on those fees/wages - so just suck it up and don't make the same mistakes again.

Don't agree on the RB. Coleman's performances over the last 3 months has moved that position from essential to would be nice to. The other positions I agree 100%. Ideally Gomes and Zouma would come in. Which means a BTB strong running midfielder and a striker. Lozano to replace Walcott makes up the summer transfer business. So, five first teamers in plus a couple of youngsters maybe. I reckon 22/24 out, combination of loan/ transfers/releases.
While Coleman has had a decent few months his final ball, cross aren’t good enough. Full backs in the modern game are so important, just look at Liverpool’s 2.

A RB on the same level as Digne or even better would make a huge difference to our team. I’m not a sentimental fan so I do really care he cost 60k or hes come back from bad injury. If there is better out there then we should go and get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.