Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the "Danny Welbeck could do a job shouts".

Oh yeah, and him. He's one of the worst players I've seen in the prem, how he's played for united, arsenal and England is beyond me. Stick him in league Two and I'd doubt he'd stand out.

We're buying CL calibre players last season and fans think the way to improve is to buy players who have done ok at Bournemouth for a few years.

In that position the best already not at a big club I have seen who could hit those heights is Lozano, it was the World Cup that did it for me, I watched it not wanting to like him because everyone was creaming on here about him, he is class though with massive headroom and the spirit to succeed, Italy could ruin him though. I think it’s not a good move for him.

Though absolute world class waiting to happen is Felix at Porto.

If I was going for someone who fell on hard times but with massive potential like Salah it would be Thomas Lemar.

I think Youri Tielmans is world class in the making to.

Didn't Atletico spend £90m on lemar or something silly. Haven't really heard of him there.

I am hoping that Brands is doing his smokescreen thing like Tierney last year and giving the Echo updates on Lozano and Neres and we then just announce someone like Bergwijn out of nowhere. I always like to have an out and out pace merchant and thought that was what we were going to get with Walcott,although unfortunately the only thing he seems to do at pace anymore is take his wages from us.

To an extent. I thought it last season as well and we did business via, a line of credit and a capital injection, I didn’t think we would use either.

It’s pretty simple, this summer we will see turnover drop to in and around 170 odd million without European football, we have a wage bill of 140 mill, optimistically that may have dropped with sales and loans out to 120-130, but we also recruited Richarlison, Digne, Mina etc so it’s not unreasonable to also assume we just redistributed wages on Rooney and Klassen etc. We also posted a loss this year from a profit.

So there is limited cash in the business. So where will the money come for transfers and wages? Three options really.

1) Sell to buy/player trading.

2) Moshiri could provide another capital injection, he could, but would be mad to, he is also likely to provide capital due in the stadium.

3) Debt, we took on some to help last summer and used Chinese bank facility to help last summer. We will also want a clear the deck of debt if we are going to borrow in part for the new ground.

So for example if we go for Zouma and Gomes that’s 50-60 mill straight of the bat that’s doable on multi year deals but with increased wages you can see the predicament. That’s just standing still. So we are operating in limits.

Just my opinion mind, I said the same last summer, we were rescued by a Moshiri cash injection and debt, there is only so often we can do that and his words at the agm indicated a limit on his support to transfers.

We will do business but I don’t think we’re as flush as some of the posts in this thread suggest, it will be very strategic business, working within limits, based on what we can do to reduce the wage bill with outs.
You obviously know a lot more than me regarding the finances and how they work. But didn’t he also say at the AGM that fees wouldn’t be a problem, it’s just buying young players on low wages. Getting the wage bill down is must as you say.

You obviously know a lot more than me regarding the finances and how they work. But didn’t he also say at the AGM that fees wouldn’t be a problem, it’s just buying young players on low wages. Getting the wage bill down is must as you say.
That’s exactly right. We can afford to bring people in and pay big fees but the wage bill is crippling us and Brands made a pointed dig yesterday about the effects of getting it wrong. Between Tosun, Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas alone you are talking over half a million in wages a week! Throw in Niasse Williams Jagielka and Martina and you are over 750 grand a week better off with no discernible impact on the squad! If we can ship 3/4 of that permanently and get most of the rest off on loan we will be in a much healthier position but it’s not football manager and I don’t envy Brands’ job getting rid of that.

That’s exactly right. We can afford to bring people in and pay big fees but the wage bill is crippling us and Brands made a pointed dig yesterday about the effects of getting it wrong. Between Tosun, Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas alone you are talking over half a million in wages a week! Throw in Niasse Williams Jagielka and Martina and you are over 750 grand a week better off with no discernible impact on the squad! If we can ship 3/4 of that permanently and get most of the rest off on loan we will be in a much healthier position but it’s not football manager and I don’t envy Brands’ job getting rid of that.

Don't forget James McCarthy, been injured for about 2 and half years, Palace are allegedly interested, Irish manager Mick McCarthy said he has not picked him in part, because he wants to "sort his own future out", which probably means move on somewhere. he is on £50,000 a week so if we could get him off the wage bill it would be no bad thing. I don't think we would miss him, if we keep the other central midfielders; Gana,Schniderlin, Davies, Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.