Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might come sooner then you think, when people Cotten on we are fairly skint.

Or relying on player trading as some call it.
You honestly believe that?
So all this talk about our business is virtually done, you don’t believe that. Obviously doesn’t mean it’s done , could mean we’ve identified the players we want and also the back up options.

You honestly believe that?
So all this talk about our business is virtually done, you don’t believe that. Obviously doesn’t mean it’s done , could mean we’ve identified the players we want and also the back up options.

To an extent. I thought it last season as well and we did business via, a line of credit and a capital injection, I didn’t think we would use either.

It’s pretty simple, this summer we will see turnover drop to in and around 170 odd million without European football, we have a wage bill of 140 mill, optimistically that may have dropped with sales and loans out to 120-130, but we also recruited Richarlison, Digne, Mina etc so it’s not unreasonable to also assume we just redistributed wages on Rooney and Klassen etc. We also posted a loss this year from a profit.

So there is limited cash in the business. So where will the money come for transfers and wages? Three options really.

1) Sell to buy/player trading.

2) Moshiri could provide another capital injection, he could, but would be mad to, he is also likely to provide capital due in the stadium.

3) Debt, we took on some to help last summer and used Chinese bank facility to help last summer. We will also want a clear the deck of debt if we are going to borrow in part for the new ground.

So for example if we go for Zouma and Gomes that’s 50-60 mill straight of the bat that’s doable on multi year deals but with increased wages you can see the predicament. That’s just standing still. So we are operating in limits.

Just my opinion mind, I said the same last summer, we were rescued by a Moshiri cash injection and debt, there is only so often we can do that and his words at the agm indicated a limit on his support to transfers.

We will do business but I don’t think we’re as flush as some of the posts in this thread suggest, it will be very strategic business, working within limits, based on what we can do to reduce the wage bill with outs.

Last edited:
To an extent. I thought it last season as well and we did business via, a line of credit and a capital injection, I didn’t think we would use either.

It’s pretty simple, this summer we will see turnover drop to in and around 170 odd million without European football, we have a wage bill of 140 mill, optimistically that may have dropped with sales and loans out to 120-130, but we also recruited Richarlison, Digne, Mina etc so it’s not unreasonable to also assume we just redistributed wages on Rooney and Klassen etc. We also posted a loss this year from a profit.

So there is limited cash in the business. So where will the money come for transfers and wages? Three options really.

1) Sell to buy/player trading.

2) Moshiri could provide another capital injection, he could, but would be mad to, he is also likely to provide capital due in the stadium.

3) Debt, we took on some to help last summer and used Chinese bank facility to help last summer. We will also want a clear the deck of debt if we are going to borrow in part for the new ground.

So for example if we go for Zouma and Gomes that’s 50-60 mill straight of the bat that’s doable on multi year deals but with increased wages you can see the predicament. That’s just standing still. So we are operating in limits.

Just my opinion mind, I said the same last summer, we were rescued by a Moshiri cash injection and debt, there is only so often we can do that and his words at the agm indicated a limit on his support to transfers.

If needs be I would give two fingers to FFP.

The whole thing is corrupt anyway.

If we want to sign a player, just do it.

If needs be I would give two fingers to FFP.

The whole thing is corrupt anyway.

If we want to sign a player, just do it.

FFP only applies to competing in Europe mate.

Under PL rules we could increase our wage bill to 196 million this summer and still be compliant. Work that out when we make about 170 odd million! ;)

The rules aren’t the issue.

Last edited:
I'm just so happy none of you are in control of our transfer business. We would go nowhere but backwards signing players like grealish, king, fraser and Wilson ffs.

There's a reason they play for crap teams all their career.

Many of us watch rs destroy Barca tonight and hope one day we can build a squad as strong as they are, in the next minute they post the desire to see josh king playing for us. Doesn’t make sense.
We spend 25m on Tosun, 15m on biases 30m down the dustbin on half talented players and yet some of us encourage us to spend another 25m on half decent king. 65m down the drain without pushing us to the next level. When are we going to learn?

Many of us watch rs destroy Barca tonight and hope one day we can build a squad as strong as they are, in the next minute they post the desire to see josh king playing for us. Doesn’t make sense.
We spend 25m on Tosun, 15m on biases 30m down the dustbin on half talented players and yet some of us encourage us to spend another 25m on half decent king. 65m down the drain without pushing us to the next level. When are we going to learn?

To be fair Hulls old left back has done well, while it’s been some journey from Stoke to the CL final for Shaquiri.

I want Moshiri to source every penny possible, take out loans from the dirtiest of loan sharks if he has to, in order to buy Jordi Alba and loan him to Grimsby town for the rest of his actual life
He's afraid of fireworks, just send him a few in the post.

Attitude needs to change but that’s been the case since I can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.