2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
An example of poor service to him was Friday night the crosses were poor particularly Coleman who had a good game but his crosses were, and alway have been hit and miss - particularly when he could have found DCL in the 2nd half and tried to chip the Keeper.....
The lad needs a simple goal - as I stated since he led the line our results have been A1 apart from Fulham away where he hit the post - all the players were awful that day........

An example of a poor striker was also an example on Friday night. He had 2 easyish chances and didn’t make the keeper work. The shot from the edge of the box was truly embarrassing; “laces through” or “place it”, “laces through” or “place it”, “laces through” or “place it”. He did both, he’s probably still trying to decide now

An example of a poor striker was also an example on Friday night. He had 2 easyish chances and didn’t make the keeper work. The shot from the edge of the box was truly embarrassing; “laces through” or “place it”, “laces through” or “place it”, “laces through” or “place it”. He did both, he’s probably still trying to decide now
I agree he is panicking for a goal add to that a poor headed chance - his other playy is brilliant his speed his running the channels, he holds the ball back to goal to link our midfield, and involved in both of our goals - his lack of finishing is a concern reminds me of a young David Johnson who then we foolishly sold too early........ for the other lot to benefit........or some other club .......

How is £60m even still being mentioned in a serious manner ffs?

Let's be honest.... half the posts on this thread aren't of a serious manner.

There seems to be a belief that despite DCL improving more than any player we've seen in a long time - his one weak area won't improve.

Some fans we've got eh.....wetting their pants cos they think if we praise him for the good he does then we will have just one playable striker for next season......

I agree he is panicking for a goal add to that a poor headed chance - his other playy is brilliant his speed his running the channels, he holds the ball back to goal to link our midfield, and involved in both of our goals - his lack of finishing is a concern reminds me of a young David Johnson who then we foolishly sold too early........ for the other lot to benefit........or some other club .......
Like a young Shane long

This post is getting to me? I feel that you are reading my posts with an angry voice in your head . Try reading them and imagine it in a voice like micheal Jackson instead
I think with this post you've proved my point perfectly, if it wasn't getting to you I'm sure you would have spelt his name correctly.
I have always been bad at spelling , this thread is not the cause of that
Now you're just taking the Michael Mick.

My posts have a general hatred for anyone who takes money from our club but shows disrespect/lack of pride to it or the shirt. Especially when they ain't all that good. Equally.... I have a burning loyalty for those who give 100% and have a bit of class. They may not be the answer but I will give my backing.

Quite simple.

You seem to assume that I'm heterosexual and that lukaku is too....?

Oh Pedro Big Rom gave Evertonians more moments of joy than DCL ever will.

An example of poor service to him was Friday night the crosses were poor particularly Coleman who had a good game but his crosses were, and alway have been hit and miss - particularly when he could have found DCL in the 2nd half and tried to chip the Keeper.....
The lad needs a simple goal - as I stated since he led the line our results have been A1 apart from Fulham away where he hit the post - all the players were awful that day........

Even with good service he`d still miss Joey.

If it was a " who tried the hardest competition " he`d win.

But if it was a " who scored the goals competition " he`d lose every time.

Exactly, take of the blue tinted specs and he's no better than a younger Shane long/ Ashley Barnes, except they score at a better rate than he does

I find it all a bit strange that people will defend DCL to the hilt but the very same people get upset when we´re languishing around the likes of Bournemouth all season.

Some good points Joey, DCL has big potential & has improved no end this season & will continue to improve next season....

His pace,hold up play & aerial ability will cause havoc in the prem next season, his finishing will improve when he scores more regularly & gains more confidence in front of goal....

The negativity surrounding this young player is hard to understand when with DCL up front leading the line we have been playing our best football this season in our last six games...

Finishing is all about confidence,timing & anticipation & slotting with a cool head, stay with DCL & he will deliver next season but maybe only as a back up striker as his time will come later....

Even with good service he`d still miss Joey.

If it was a " who tried the hardest competition " he`d win.

But if it was a " who scored the goals competition " he`d lose every time.
I remember you gloating about Tosun -17 million down the plug
hole or was it 27 million?
slow, & can't trap a bag of cement...... I named him two shins as that's what the ball comes off him upfront.....
He may have been great in the crappy Turkish league - a championship striker if that .......

I remember you gloating about Tosun -17 million down the plug
hole or was it 27 million?
slow, & can't trap a bag of cement...... I named him two shins as that's what the ball comes off him upfront.....
He may have been great in the crappy Turkish league - a championship striker if that .......

Steady on there old timer, I`ve never gloated about Tosun,

I thought / believed that given a proper run in the team he`d score goals.

I guess we`ll never know now will we ?

You`ve been neglecting the EU thread, so I suggest you pop over there as there`s work for you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.